Subtitles are out of Sync on 1.0.37

shocker
Go to solution Solved by shocker,

shocker

Hello,

While Direct Play-ing the subtitles are out of sync on those models: K6300, JU6575. Is this a known issue?

Thanks

shocker

Sorry for the late response, I've performed multiple tests with multiple Samsung Tizen TV's on 1.0.37 in order to find a pattern.

Please find below my findings:

Found a TV Show with only one sub:

- EN, internal, non-forced: OK for all episodes/all seasons.

Found another TV Show with multiple subtitles:

- EN, internal, non-forced: Not OK

- EN, internal, forced: Not OK

- EN, external, non-forced: Not OK

- Other languages, internal, external, non-forced: Not OK.

repeated the test for 10-20 random episodes from random shows with multiple subtitles and I had the same result, it's not working.

As users reported that > 90% of the subtitles are not loaded and since there is also the "duplicate subtitle bug" on this release I was thinking that it might be an issue when there are multiple subtitles.

Found another item with only one subtitle, external this time (rum, external, non-forced), is not working, performed this test for 5 different movies with online one sub, external and I had the same result, it's not working.

Trying to find an item with only one internal subtitle, non-forced, to repeat the test to see if only those subtitles are working.

Can anyone perform this test as well and provide feedback?

Thanks!

post-4323-0-46014500-1520330015_thumb.png

post-4323-0-65871200-1520330020_thumb.png

post-4323-0-22993600-1520330028_thumb.png

shocker

Managed to get access to a JS8005 with Tizen and performed all the possible tests, please find the outcome below:

Internal Subtitles

SRT -> OK

SUBRIP -> Not OK (This is triggering the transcoder and it's not working. Forcing direct play => same result). Log attached.

External Subtitles

SRT - > Not OK (This is triggering the transcoder and it's not working. Forcing direct play => same result). Log attached.

SUBRIP -> Not tested as I don't have any external SubRip subtitle.

Also if you have multiple subtitles and want to change it while playing a movie, it's not working. You need to stop the movie, select the new one and play it again.

@@Luke @@ebr @@SamES can you please take a look on this one?

Thanks!

external_srt.txt

internal_subrip.txt

SUBRIP -> Not OK (This is triggering the transcoder and it's not working. Forcing direct play => same result). Log attached.

We're working on resolving this so that it direct plays.

Also if you have multiple subtitles and want to change it while playing a movie, it's not working. You need to stop the movie, select the new one and play it again.

Can you please describe this a little more?

The reason for the transcode is due to the app quality setting, not the subtitles. FYI, to learn why something is transcoding, simply check out the emby server dashboard during playback and you can view that information. It is also available in the video player using the stats for nerds feature.

shocker

The reason for the transcode is due to the app quality setting, not the subtitles. FYI, to learn why something is transcoding, simply check out the emby server dashboard during playback and you can view that information. It is also available in the video player using the stats for nerds feature.

The app quality is set to auto, but sometimes  I get "Media bitrate exceeds limit". But the subtitles are not shown while transcoding as well.

When I have forced the direct play there was not subtitle as well.

shocker

Can you please describe this a little more?

If you have multiple subtitles for a movie and start the movie, let's say with english subtitle, going to the "CC" button on screen and change the language to French or any other language is not doing anything. There is a loading meniu but the subtitle is still running with english language.

shocker

We're working on resolving this so that it direct plays.

Thanks Luke. Also PGSSUB is impacted.

shocker

Pgs will stay as is. Not supported by the TV so it will transcode.

All right, but while transcoding the subtitle is now shown.

shocker

Checking again all reported external subtitles with direct play and now seems to work.

Have you guys modified something somewhere? I know that was not something with my TV as I have 4 users with different TV's on TizenOS with the same behaviour. I'll check with those as well :)

Changing the subtitle while playing the movie and showing the subtitle while transcoding is still not working.

Update1: Checked on two K-models, for the same movies and it's not working while direct playing. My tests were done with a J model.

Edited by shocker

shocker

If you lower the quality of the movie and trigger the transcoding, the subtitle is not shown anymore.

shocker

Hello,

I don't know what happened in 1.0.38 (as there is no change-log :) ) but the subtitles are working ok for J models (also for the movies reported above).

For the same movies reported above the K models are still affected and the subtitle is not loaded.

List of issues

- The double subtitle issue (appear only for some movies) are still occurring for J and K

- The out of sync subtitle seems to be fixed as well on 1.0.38 on J (cannot check on K as the subtitles are not loaded).

- Subtitles are not displayed while transcoding on J and K models as per above logs.

- Subtitles are not loaded while direct play on K models.

- Cannot change subtitles while movie is playing, if you are selecting from "CC" another one, nothing happens. I only tested this on J models, no idea if this is still an issue with K.

P.S. Don't know if M models are impacted or not as most of them are blocked per region and Emby app cannot be installed.

I think the title of the post can be changed with Samsung Tizen Issues as there are multiple issues under the same post. Also the most annoying one is for K models as 90% of the subtitles are not loaded.

Thanks

Edited by shocker

shocker

Any findings for K models that cannot load subtitles while direct playing? Till now it's the most annoying bug and till now 6 users reported this issue with K models.

• 2 weeks later...
shocker

Please try again with the next release of the app, thanks.

Any idea when the 1.0.39 will be released to give it a try?

• 4 weeks later...
Suurbier91

I'd like to add to this discussion that I'm using a K model and my app version is 1.0.40 and still the SRT subtitles are not working unfortunately.