Actor images - How do I setup

berrick
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

berrick

Morning all,

Is there a guide on how this should be setup, so you get actor images in movies as you did in MB2?

I want to check I have got this correct before I add my self to this thread http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5416-server-not-reading-local-metadata/page-3?hl=actors as suffering the same problem.

I use MCM for metadata and my xml files look correct.

TYIA

The best way is to let MB3 handle it and you don't really have to do anything.

If you must use an external program make sure it is saving actor images in IBN\People\A, IBN\People\B ...

berrick

OK,

I think I have configured the server correctly. Do I need a particular theme installed to show actor images? If not then I do appear to be suffering the issues of no actor images. 

The IBN folder on the server is populated with folders named by actor name but all folders are empty?

Good day,

From the server dashboard:

Library - Advanced

See the server path for IBN, you can custom setup a path if you like from there, then direct that path to MCM, then it will fill that for you.

I really now days only use MB3 server metadata and images fetching, and that insure everything working as it should.

Ebr give you the setup you need to do.

Also to speed thing up, from the mb3 server dashboard:

Scheduled Tasks - then click on "Refresh people" and let it finish (it will take some time to be done.

My best

If you disabled internet metadata because you use mcm, that would be why you're not getting anythign

Also MCM can fill that for him, when he setup the IBN path folder at the MCM settings.

If you disabled internet metadata because you use mcm, that would be why you're not getting anythign

berrick

Thanks for all the replies.

I changed windows explorer view to medium icons due to the huge number of folders in the people IBN directory and there are actually some images (264 to be more accurate). From those I have checked they where all created on the 17/03/2014 during the night (I don't leave MCM running).

Seems all the images for cast which have been downloaded are for TV series. I have nothing for movies?

Refreshing doesn't cause any more to be downloaded?

I have the server configured to bring metadata down

Prior to realizing I had no cast images I was using MCM and have it configured for MB compatible xml files. I temporarily stopped using MCM since trying to get the server to pull cast images. 

Edited by berrick

berrick

Hi Dev's I know you are all busy. As there have been no further updates to this post do I take it that this is a possible bug or are there other things to check?

berrick

Thnxs Luke, didn't know you could do that!

OK, that worked for an individual but not practicable for all those people I need to download metadata for. Does this help you or others narrow where things may be going wrong?

• Solution

I don't think there's a problem.  Did you have internet metadata settings turned off before?

Those people were already scanned once. Once is all you get, at least automatically. If you happened to have settings turned off at that time, then it worked as expected. Changing settings isn't going to cause your metadata to get automatically refreshed as that would frustrate a lot of people.

If the settings were never turned off then you'd have to investigate why metadata wasn't downloaded. I can't answer that. Server logs from those refreshes might shed some light.

So that explains why new people for new movies are getting metadata, but old ones don't have any, because when those old ones were refreshed, you may have had settings turned off. Unfortunately the only way to get them to refresh is manually, and we don't yet have a way of doing that in bulk. But it's on our to do list in case you can hold out a little longer.

• Like 1

berrick

NP, I was thinking it worked as in MB2.

So another mystery solved as I did originally have internet metadata turned off. I can wait for a bulk down loader.

Devs; keep up the great work.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

For the next release and in the current beta, behavior is improved to help with this.

When scanning in new titles, even if you have existing metadata we'll still go out to the internet to try and pull in people information. 

Also, when opening individual person detail screens, there will be some on demand refreshing to attempt to fill in metadata for people that don't have any. 

• Like 1