Webinterface overlays

acnp77

acnp77

Hi,

In the MB webinterface, when I hover an Item (e.g. a movie cover) there is an mouse-over overlay showing some info and "play" "menu" "watched" and "favorite" buttons.

The overlay has a small delay of about 2 secs.

Is it somehow possible to remove the delay?

Reason:

When I want to click on the moviecover, sometimes it happens that I accidentally hit one of the buttons in the overlay that appears.

Cheers 

• Like 2

If you remove the delay then you will always be accidently clicking the overlay. In other words it will be even worse.

acnp77

Thanks for the quick reply.

The issue is that you never exactly know if the overlay shows up just before clicking.

If there was an overlay on hover all the time you always know what you get. And then it would not be accidentally but intentionally.

But it's not big deal... Thanks for the great job :)

Edited by acnp77

maximumentropy

I agree with OP, I accidentally hit the buttons all the time.  It's very frustrating, especially when I accidentally mark a whole season or show as watched, and have to manually reset watched status.  The delay is a big contributor to the problem.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
acnp77

Is there any intention of further looking into this?

There must be a simple solution to this. The issue is just the "not being able to predict if the overlay appears just before clicking". This often causes problems for many users I know.

Cheers

Edited by acnp77

• 3 months later...
maximumentropy

I just updated to 3.5.0.0 and this problem seems to have been resolved.  The new overlay looks great, and the delay is gone!  Thanks for paying attention to small details like this, it really helps make Emby a first-rate system.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...