Developing a standalone embystat server

reggi

As a new user of your now old plugin I just love the idea of this new EmbyStat.

Any chance you'll be publishing it via the Package Center for Synology users like me?

It's a must have! Well done man!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
DRAGUNSLAYER

So has this officially died yet? The only other option currently is Jorum and development doesn't appear to be active either.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

DRAGUNSLAYER

No, he's still responding, it's just a large project developing a standalone app.

Where referencing this app or Jorum?

@@djhifi

At the moment I haven't looked into the Synology Package Center but I will in the future. At this moment, the best you can do is just run docker on your Synology device.

@@DRAGUNSLAYER

EmbyStat is not dead, but at the moment the development is on hold (since a couple of months really) because of family matters. But I will start working on it again as soon as I can.

Like @@Luke said, developing a standalone app is a lot of work and I did underestimate it!

DRAGUNSLAYER

@@djhifi

At the moment I haven't looked into the Synology Package Center but I will in the future. At this moment, the best you can do is just run docker on your Synology device.

@@DRAGUNSLAYER

EmbyStat is not dead, but at the moment the development is on hold (since a couple of months really) because of family matters. But I will start working on it again as soon as I can.

Like @@Luke said, developing a standalone app is a lot of work and I did underestimate it!

Good to know this project is just on the back burner and not forgotten.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
DRAGUNSLAYER

Well i see a bunch of new commits on github...any chance we could get an update on what's being worked on? If you need some help I am a former android developer(not that it helps here) but I could help with logs and thorough testing. I have a few servers on different OS's to test on.

Hey guys,

Like @@DRAGUNSLAYER already noticed I started developing again on the project after a long break (personal reasons). 

I pushed a new release 0.1.0-beta.29 on github and docker. This release includes the following:

* Major frontend refactoring

* Added an updater app for automatic updates (needs some more testing in the next releases)

* Made the app a standalone app, meaning you don't need to install dotnet runtime anymore

* Moved to Hangfire for background task management

* Opening a socket connection to Emby to get events (just connection, nothing is done with the data yet)

* You can now specifiy a custom port with argument "--port <port>", if omitted the default 5432 port is used

So this release is not including any new fancy stats or features. Only rework of the code to make it more maintainable (still working on it)

@@DRAGUNSLAYER Thanks for wanting to help and test the app! If you want, send me a pm so we can setup some test system.

Edited by reggi
  • Like 2

Happy2Play

@@reggi

Everything thing seems to be working well.

Duplicate Movies links are broken.  I guess I should say all links as Shorts are broken also. 

Or is that suppose to just link to "no content here yet" instead of the actual item?

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play

Thanks for testing! Will log a bug for it on GitHub.

Pretty sure there was one for the /index.html#!/ url update,  part of the url is updated.

Yeah, but this is a different problem. 

He is navigation to a local embystat url, forgot to add the http or https prefix on the url that's why you get redirected to the dashboard.

I'll prepare a fix for it.

Yeah indeed, was hard to see. Thanks for the screen!

I added http (or https of needed) in front of the link so the browser knows he has to load a new website instead of staying on the embystat website.

• 3 weeks later...
mgworek

Any users get this working on unraid? Cant seem to get it running properly after mapping the ports. 

I had it running on my unraid but after the version  0.1.0-beta.29 it stopped working for me. I haven't had the chance to try and figure out why.

@@mgworek @@Macieksoft

Are you guys running EmbyStat in docker on your machines? Feel free to send me the log files you find in the /Logs directory so I can have a look as well.

I will try to setup an unraid test machine as well, but I have no experience with unraid at all :) 

pir8radio

I know there is a link to it somewhere in this topic. but can you include a download link in the first post?

awwe, i just noticed it needs IIS,  not nginx....  boo..  :-)

Edited by pir8radio

@@pir8radio

I will update the first post today to make the download links more clear!

As for the nginx support, what do you need exactly? EmbyStat does not need IIS, it can also be hosted by itself (using Kestrel) 

I found these docs in the MS website => https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/host-and-deploy/linux-nginx?view=aspnetcore-2.2 

Not sure if you need some code changes to let it work on Nginx. Feel free to test it and let me know, I will try it myself later this week as well.

pir8radio

@@pir8radio

I will update the first post today to make the download links more clear!

As for the nginx support, what do you need exactly? EmbyStat does not need IIS, it can also be hosted by itself (using Kestrel) 

I found these docs in the MS website => https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/host-and-deploy/linux-nginx?view=aspnetcore-2.2 

Not sure if you need some code changes to let it work on Nginx. Feel free to test it and let me know, I will try it myself later this week as well.

i assume it uses some kind of server side scripting?  asp, php?   I know there are some modules for nginx. 

I'm running my backend in C# with .net CORE yes. 

I did a fast search and indeed it should be possible to host it with nginx. Have to check it more in depth later in the next couple of days.

mgworek

@@mgworek @@Macieksoft

Are you guys running EmbyStat in docker on your machines? Feel free to send me the log files you find in the /Logs directory so I can have a look as well.

I will try to setup an unraid test machine as well, but I have no experience with unraid at all :)

Yea, I am running it in a Docker on my unraid machine. I won't be able to do it today but I will try running it again this week and get you logs.

Thanks!

mgworek

Yea, I am running it in a Docker on my unraid machine. I won't be able to do it today but I will try running it again this week and get you logs.

Thanks!

@@reggi 

I start fresh with a new docker template and it is working now. Not sure why it wasn't working before. It started and stopped a few seconds later. I didn't see anything when viewing the logs.

Quick question. Is there a config directory or anything I should be setting in the docker to save settings to my cache drive like other apps?

it loads but won't connect to my server. "Getting Emby token failed. Please check your credentials and address"

Edited by mgworek

Macieksoft

@@reggi 

I start fresh with a new docker template and it is working now. Not sure why it wasn't working before. It started and stopped a few seconds later. I didn't see anything when viewing the logs.

Quick question. Is there a config directory or anything I should be setting in the docker to save settings to my cache drive like other apps?

it loads but won't connect to my server. "Getting Emby token failed. Please check your credentials and address"

Im still getting the issue where the docker stops after a couple seconds. How exactly did you set up the docker on your side? Thanks.