Developing a standalone embystat server

reggi

Painkiller8818
4 minutes ago, Diedrich said:
On 6/28/2020 at 4:12 PM, Painkiller8818 said:
Great, i really love to see you are still working on that great Tool.

I hope you will find the time to implement Current playing streams soon. This is one of the most important things for me when using tautulli and i would love to see active streams and the info if the user is transcoding (and what is transcoded) or if it is direct play.

I think if you could realise this one day, it could be a real alternative to tautulli and that makes it a massive tool for every emby user emoji4.png

You can see the transcode info in the Emby admin dashboard

Yeah i know, but i used plex for a long time and it is absolutely not the same like with tautulli.

it is not clearly arranged and way less detailed than with tautulli on plex, so i hope this will be implemented in some similar kind.

transcoding.jpg

• Like 2

reggi

Hey guys,

I was working on the filter system and wanted to check what you think about it. Not all filter types are implemented at the moment but just to have an idea.

I'm not sure with the between filters. I can just place 2 input fields or I can use some kind of slider

@Painkiller8818, streaming information is indeed on the roadmap. But I first want to have the static stuff ready before starting to work on the dynamic stuff because it needs the static data anyway. But some detailed transcoding view will be included as well in the end.

menu.gif

• Like 3

Painkiller8818

@reggi very nice and i'm glad to hear active streams info is planned.

Very good work.

• 1 month later...
reggi

Hey guys, so after a very long time I have beta.22 ready :) It a complete rewrite of the frontend but I also added some new features. I hope you like it.

Small warning, the show pages are missing in this release because I first wanted to have soe feedback on the movie pages (and otherwise it would take me even ore time to set up a new release. 

Also, I added some flags for subtitle and audio channels. If you find a language that has a wrong flag (or no flag at all) let me know. I don't want to start any political war because I picked a wrong flag.

Changes
- Moved to React (a complete rewrite of frontend)
- Added authentication
- Added user role supported (currently only 1 admin account can be created)
- Fixed duplicate movie sync (large speed increase :) )
- Disabled shows for now (will be included in the next release)
- Disabled user pages for now (because they are broken anyway)
- Added movie table with filters
- Added --listen-urls to startup parameters
- Disabled library selection (not sure how to add it into the dropdown and also not sure if anyone was using that feature)

You need a clean install for this version because you need to create a user account

Happy testing!

https://github.com/mregni/embystat/releases

Edited by reggi
  • Like 2

Sammy

I got greeted with the following and I don't remember my username so I cannot even reset my password.

I don't recall this from before but shouldn't my username have been remembered from before or allow me to set up a new account someplace?

image.png.83ee8a3b2a363fb7c8e1e9442ec6113a.png

reggi

Forgot to mention you need a clean install. I'll edit the previous post and github release.

• Thanks 1

Sammy

Okay. So I need to go in and delete all settings?

Just delete this whole directory and install again?

C:\Program Files\EmbyStat

neik
22 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Just delete this whole directory and install again?

That's what I did but on Linux though.

reggi

@Sammy, you need to delete your current database file and set the WizardFinished = false in the usersettings.json

Or you can just delete your installation completely and install a new instance.

• Thanks 1

Great work so far, much appreciated.

I would like to request additional stats to monitor, the codec, HDR, bit depth. I imagine I'm not alone, but I routinely will acquire higher quality movies than the archival copy that I initially made ( ;) ). So I will replace my 1080p H.264 copy of X with a 2160P H.265 copy, or if I find one with HDR or 10bit color etc.

I love how I can see how many movies I have in the Fantasy genre, or that I have 4 NC-17 rated movies. What would be really handy is to see that I still haven't managed to find a higher quality copy of Barry Lyndon than 1080P SDR or whatever.

reggi

Thanks for the feedback @Nibble, would you need the code, HDR and bit depth inside the detail form and/or in the table row? 

I presume you also would want them as filters?

WilhelmStroker

So far so good, found 2 issues though.

NSSM was missing from the install files, so had to copy that over, remove the service and reinstall the service.

A typo in the first run wizard, as it says `Madia sync after wizard'

• Like 1

mgworek

I am having a problem with Movies > General. It starts to load and then I get a white screen. Graphs and Tables work ok.

Fresh install. Also I get "Unhandled Backend Exception" when trying to do anything with the logs. Manually grabbed them.

Looking good so far.

2020-08-14.log

• Like 1

reggi
On 12/08/2020 at 16:42, exus said:

I'm testing the new version right now and I think this is a great project, patreon?

Thanks for testing the app! If you want you can always buy me a coffee here: https://ko-fi.com/embystat 

@mgworek, some other people also mentioned your problem on GitHub. If you are familiar with Docker you can use the following container to test the fix to your 2 problems (white screen and logs download)

docker run -v <local-data-path>:C:\app\data -p <port>:6555 -e EMBYSTAT_LOGLEVEL=1 uping/embystat:nightly

I did not get a reply back for the white loading screen so would be a big help if you could test that one.

• Thanks 1

mgworek
8 hours ago, reggi said:

Thanks for testing the app! If you want you can always buy me a coffee here: https://ko-fi.com/embystat 

@mgworek, some other people also mentioned your problem on GitHub. If you are familiar with Docker you can use the following container to test the fix to your 2 problems (white screen and logs download)

docker run -v <local-data-path>:C:\app\data -p <port>:6555 -e EMBYSTAT_LOGLEVEL=1 uping/embystat:nightly

I did not get a reply back for the white loading screen so would be a big help if you could test that one.

Thanks. I doubt I will get the chance to try this weekend but I will definitely do it next week and let you know.

Happy2Play

Sorry if I missed it already being reported, but the links on the Movies-Table are broken with undefined id.

ipaddress:8096/web/index.html#!/item?id=undefined&serverId=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 8/8/2020 at 11:15 AM, reggi said:

Thanks for the feedback @Nibble, would you need the code, HDR and bit depth inside the detail form and/or in the table row? 

I presume you also would want them as filters?

I assume I would want those. Basically I want to be able to filter my catalog by each, preferably by multiple at the same time.
Again, great work, we appreciate it.

Edited by Nibble
Forgot to add thanks. ;)

reggi

I will try to add those columns asap to the filters. Currently you can filter on multiple values already (the ones in your post are not yet added). The UI design is still not really what I want (filters are floating at the top of the page and table itself is way to big, I need a way to make the smaller I guess)

I created a GitHub issue for your feature request so I can keep track of it: https://github.com/mregni/EmbyStat/issues/1328

Finally got to testing ;-)

And am a bit confused - some days ago I installed EmbyStat without seeing any problems.
In fact I were pretty happy to see what you have done - a big leap forward from the previous release!

But, I then had to rebuild my Windows 10 from scratch (VM on VMware Workstation).

And now EmbyStat fails when trying to execute the initial sync job. Log file attached and Rollbar enabled.

Also when I try to download the log file I just get an unhandled backend exception. Looking in the logfile, it makes sense - trying to open 'D:\Emby\EmbyStat\Logs\2020-08-18', which does not exist - missing the .log suffix. Can see it's fixed for docker - is it for Windows, too?

A question:  when you distinguish between movie and shows, is that connected to Emby Library definition. Or do you read directly from the folders?

2020-08-18.log

mgworek
On 8/15/2020 at 2:38 AM, reggi said:

woo hoo!!!!! That fixed both problems. It took a bit to remember how to switch to the nightly build in my unraid docker settings but once I got that working, it worked without a problem. It did have me setup from scratch, it didn't use my previous install config.

Thanks!!!!