Developing a standalone embystat server

reggi

cfcnigel

Hi, 

some little question about getting that Plugin to work.

Is there any HowTo for an installtion to an Synology 920+ NAS via Docker.

I can't get running it ...

First, my Synology use DSM 7.0. Docker is installed. Then i imported the Image "uping/embystat:beta | beta-linux-x64" after that i started the container.

But on the URL <http://mynas:6555> is not reachable.

What do i wrong?

Thanks for your help.

regards,

nigel

image.thumb.png.cfb3c39eb704ba5ce021f609e0e071e2.png

varmandra

On this screenshot embystats is not running, so no wonder why you can't access embystats.

So you should check why it is not running, take a look to the logfiles on your NAS.

BdT
Varmandra

cfcnigel

Yes on Screenshot embystats is not running. The Synology GUI does not allowed to show the variables if the container runs. 

After starting the Container <http://mynas:6555> is not reachable

image.png.6fb1b7cdb739f7b3f7145879d8cc7444.png

reggi

@cfcnigel, did you add a port mapping from the synology to your host? I think it's -p 6555:6555 when you use the docker run command.

varmandra

I don't realy know how your network, but i think it could be a a simple one IP/24 with no VLAN (apart some TV IP things)

I took a more Detail look to your settings:

stats.png.4c12d1d270bab9d887ba8a0c5b48c633.png

I am not sure but these thing could be your problem, the docker runs and expets a request over port 80 (first red mark). The second is url, for webserver the URL is used to decide which information will send to you. So Emby maybe show up when you use http://localhost:80, thats total different to http://mynas:6555

So if you run any webservice on a PC you have several option to get access to it http://127.0.0.1, http://localhost  http://[IP_from_the_PC] or http://[domain]. The first two of them are only working from the PC itself where the service is running, the third work for alle PC in that Network, the fourth one works for all PC which use the DNS where the domainnames are set up and the network is reachabel.

These are the point where you should look for a solution, the URL where the server is listening and the port forwarding.

BdT
Varmandra

Edited by varmandra

• 4 weeks later...
igeoorge

Hi friends.

This project is very amazing.

I used it for a long time but stopped due to some problems.

Are you using it? Did it work well with the emby again?

Have you ever heard reports of it causing some kind of overload to the emby server?

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, igeoorge said:

Hi friends.

Have you ever heard reports of it causing some kind of overload to the emby server?

That question is a little vague but it is hard to say as comparing my couple users to your hundreds of user is comparing apple to oranges.

igeoorge
15 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Essa pergunta é um pouco vaga, mas é difícil dizer, já que comparar meus dois usuários com suas centenas de usuários é comparar maçã com laranjas.

I understand.

Thank you Happy2Play

varmandra
47 minutes ago, igeoorge said:

Hi friends.

I use EmbyStats  in a docker on the same server and there was no really overload, yes the Server was busier when you running the Sync, but nothing my server could not handel.

I not sure in the moment, but there ist not so much user statistic in it, I use it most for searching missing Episods and seasons on TV shows. I could check it when I am back home.

BdT
Varmandra

Edited by varmandra

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
fbrassin

Hello, just a question.

Is this project still alive?

I ask because i don't see new commits 'till august 2021.

Tnx

reggi
3 hours ago, fbrassin said:

Hello, just a question.

Is this project still alive?

I ask because i don't see new commits 'till august 2021.

Tnx

Hi, yeah I'm still working on it. The develop branch is currently outdated because I'm working on a feature branch. Development is going slow because of COVID, house renovations (and girlfriend) but speeding up again the last 2 month. So keep an eye out for new release soon I hope. 

I'm currently working on the show page to get it working correctly and showing relevant data as well.

• 2 weeks later...
thegrunge

I'm trying to get it working on ubuntu without going through docker with the zip file for ubuntu. The application says to be launched but I cannot connect with the address localhost:6555

Edit: On my other ubuntu 20.04 server it works. I admit I don't know what else to do to make it work on my main server which is also with ubuntu 20.04?

J'essaie de le faire fonctionner sur ubuntu sans passer par docker avec le fichier zip pour ubuntu. L'application dit etre lancé mais je n'arrive pas a me connecter avec l'adresse localhost:6555

Edit: Sur mon autre serveur ubuntu 20.04 ça fonctionne. J'avoue ne plus savoir quoi faire pour le faire fonctionner sur mon serveur principal qui est aussi avec ubuntu 20.04?

embystat 1.png

embystat 2.png

Edited by thegrunge

Przemek

Thank You very much. It's very nice but why when I put my local IP it shows me my external IP as server? I cannot change that in setings.

Regards.

thegrunge
29 minutes ago, Przemek said:

Thank You very much. It's very nice but why when I put my local IP it shows me my external IP as server? I cannot change that in setings.

Regards.

You are only supposed to enter localhost:6555 in the web browser address. If it gives you your external ip I don't understand you may have a vpn with some settings causing this problem.

thegrunge
1 hour ago, Przemek said:

Yes, I'm connected now with vpn from my office :D
Thanks and Regards.

Glad it works for you. Me on my server where is installing emby it does not work I have a blank page. I may have tried everything, but I don't understand this one!

thegrunge
10 minutes ago, reggi said:

@thegrunge did you check the log file or F12 browser console for any errors?

When I press the f12 key being on the page I have this warning.

Embystatf12.png

Edited by thegrunge

reggi

@thegrunge can you check the log file as well? Strange that the first call is failing. Seems like the server is not even running maybe.

thegrunge
Just now, reggi said:

@thegrunge can you check the log file as well? Strange that the first call is failing. Seems like the server is not even running maybe.

Strangely the log does not seem to indicate anything in particular. I even tried with filezilla.

2022-03-14.log 2022-03-13.log

thegrunge

@reggi Is there an easy way to change the default application port? My research has been unsuccessful for 2 days.

Thank you

jonathan@jonathan-MS-7B86:~$ sudo netstat -tlnp | grep :6555
tcp6       0      0 :::6555                 :::*                    LISTEN      72446/./EmbyStat    

Edited by thegrunge

Przemek

It will be nice to see what is actually watching. By me and other users. Also other statistics about users.

Regards.