Emby for Kodi issues

xbmcgotham

xbmcgotham

Many hours I tried syncing emby to kodi. Tried it on different devices, reinstalled Kodi, reinstalled emby for kodi add-on, re-added the libraries in emby, but for some reason emby doesn’t want to finish a full sync. It keeps braking on the music libraries. It will inform that there is an access problem to a random music file. I started to re-add the troubled files, but than it would find another one or just freeze up. With 20.000 songs, this is not feasible to do, so I checked the particular files as well, and they are easily accessible without any errors and kodi can also scan them without problems and play them when importing directly into kodi through Mysql.

Just to make sure, I even had all the files credentials re-added but no luck. 

As kodi can do a full media scan of the 20k music files, why not emby? Can something be added to the sync job that will allow for a full sync even when certain files can't be processed. Maybe afterwards a report can be generated with details of the files that are not successfully synced?

Because I was not able to get emby sync to work for music I had no chose than to disable emby music in kodi and load the music directly into kodi through the mysql setup.

xbmcgotham

Hi, I disabled the import song rating and enabled a manual sync. Once the videos where checked and emby for Kodi started the music sync, it froze. this is the log attached. Wont continue and I have to restart Kodi.

kodi.log

xbmcgotham

After leaving it for 30 mins and coming back, the screen had not changed and no change in loading bar status. However some additional data was added to the log. See attached, might help as well.

kodi.log

Edited by xbmcgotham

xbmcgotham

This is the final log after I noticed that the emby sync bar had disappeared.

Restarted Kodi, waited for emby for Kodi to login successfully and waited to see if additional sync dialogue would be triggered. However none were shown. After this clicked on music tab but would only show the 4 standard options (Music videos; Playlists; Files; Music Add-ons) and no music files

kodi.log

• 2 weeks later...
Angelblue05

I'm making a few changes, I hope this will help your situation. I'll let you know once the build is ready for testing.

xbmcgotham

@Angelblue05

I updated the app and enabled the music sync in the settings. After this selected manual sync, but no music is being retrieved. Re-opend Kodi etc. but no music sync only movies and tv shows. How do I trigger the music sync without having to repair the local DB?

Thanks

xbmcgotham

Hi, it started good, however ran into into some issues.

The initial music scan took around the same time as it was for Kodi this time, which was around 8 hours, which was good to experience.

First initial run:

1. It gave only 1 error message (see screenshot), not sure why, as I can easily access it from other locations.

After restarting Kodi. Emby wanted to do another sync for some reason. This is what happened:

2. It gave again a similar error as seen at 1.However this time, it was for a completely different file. I selected aboard scan, but the scan kept going on.

I decided to disable the "Import song rating from file directly" option and restart Kodi again.

After restarting for the second time, emby starting to sync again, this time starting with syncing all video files and it looked to have difficulties and get stuck. So I restarted Kodi, but the restart would give the same problem. So I decided to repair local DB for movies.

For some reason it doesn’t want to repair either and it would get stuck on the same movie Ferdinant and than produce and error for emby. See attached log

So not sure what to do next.

Additional remarks:

* It might be an idea to catch all problems and at them to the end, giving a summary instead of a popup that will ask if you want to continue scanning or not. This will prevent someone having to sit through the all scanning time in case of messages popping up.

* Please check why sync continues even though “no” was selected.

* This one is probably related to emby library scan, but will point it out anyway. Checking the amount of songs synced I found a good few songs not been synced to Emby. My direct Kodi music library has 18795 songs in the DB. Emby library only shows 18684 songs. The missing imported files into emby where not referred to after the emby library scan. Anyway finding out which files emby did not import and why?

post-268149-0-52673200-1521294342_thumb.jpg

kodi.log

• Like 1

xbmcgotham

@Angelblue05 I see there is a "Emby.Kodi Sync Queue" update for the server. Do you want me to update or wait for your follow-up? And if yes, do you want me to test it again, or wait for a new Kodi add-on update from you?

Angelblue05

You can update but I haven't had the chance to fix your issues yet. If you update though, you'll also need to update to the latest emby for kodi build, the latest stable and beta that were released today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Angelblue05

Do update to the latest version as it contains a few fix for you, however not sure it will fix your music. Although it should feel less stuck. I'm still working on refining the process for the sync for music. Someone else also reported an issue regarding albums. Music, the bane of my existence. I really have to change the way music is imported into Kodi.

Edited by Angelblue05

xbmcgotham

So to hear you having problems with it. Why not do the same as was done for mysql for Kodi. Keep the same structure and make sure that people have a mysql running for Kodi? 

While you are rethinking the Kodi emby connection, please also have a look at how emby pushes the music video and movies/tv show into Kodi's playlist. I have noticed that emby adds additional items of the same music video and movies/tv show in the playlist. They show up on the Kodi remote as empty items with a IP address. If you click them, they would play the same music video or movie/tv show. Now this would be something cosmetic I guess, however the real problem, occurs when you select for the items inside the playlist to play as a loop. At every loop, these extra items in the playlist are added so where their was 1 for each music video and movie/tv show, their would be 2, than 3, but for some reason it would only add till 4 or 5 even though it would loop 10x. So the music video and movie/tv show would play now 4-5 times after each other before going to the next item in the list. This would cause unhappy user experiences when playing items through emby for Kodi.

I don't have a screenshot, however the explanation above should explain it enough.

Thanks

xbmcgotham

Please check any of my previous uploaded Kodi or emby logs. It has always done adding an additional item in the playlist so it should show up in one of those logs. :-)