Check for application updates Failed

One2Go

One2Go

This started to happen 7 days ago. I am running no fancy plugins and the server version 3.2.27.0 (I know it is not the latest but it works) has served me well. Attached is the log as well as a picture from the Dashboard.

I searched the forum and it looks like that there is a problem with the SSL connection. No idea what I need to do on my side. But any updates through the Dashboard seems to be impossible.

Please advise.

O2G

server-63655498727.txt

5a982c5c05f3a_CheckforApplicationUpdateF

If you are that far behind on versions, you will need to re-install over the top of your current installation from the web site.  Be sure you get a new setup file.

There is an announcement out here about this for anyone on 3.2.36 or below.

Thanks.

GitHub has updated their TLS requirements. You'll need to update to the latest version of emby server.

One2Go

What does that mean a new setup file? Any links or forum where to look for? We all know Murphy's law and somehow I am afraid that this will break something. I am running EMC plus Throgsoft's themes plus folder vision. Will my scanned Libraries undergo changes or will they be the same?

You'll need to run the installer from the website on top of your existing version. Coming from a version that old you can probably expect a longer first library scan to adjust to changes.

What does that mean a new setup file?

I just mean that when you click the download link for the setup on our website, make sure it actually downloads a new file and doesn't pull something from your browser cache.

One2Go

I just mean that when you click the download link for the setup on our website, make sure it actually downloads a new file and doesn't pull something from your browser cache.

Thanks for the explanation, since I have only downloaded the very first and initial setup and afterwards just updated from the Dashboard I am sure I will do fine as it has been almost a year.

One2Go

Well I am stuck. I downloaded the server setup.exe file, ran it as an administrator and then get this error message:

5a98a08beda22_Applicationblocked.jpg

Any idea why that is?

One2Go

Little dissapointed here about the installation process, one of the reasons I did not update was the many problems users posted about.

I had to modify the ClickOnce trust prompts to get this running from the Net.

EDIT:

On the other hand it did nicely inherit the libraries details and other specifics. Only regret I have, made screen shots of all my settings except Cover Art and I know I spent some time with it until I liked it.

Edited by One2Go

• 3 months later...
RICHIEDA

Did this get solved?

I'm having the same problem -- whenever the "Check for Application Updates" or "Check for Plug In Updates" Scheduled Tasks run according to schedule, or manually, they fail.

I'm using version 3.4.1.0 on a Synology NAS.

Today's LOG is attached -- the end of the log shows the failed update attempts.  I was seeing errors in the Genre plug-in, so removed that yesterday - but still no luck...

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Rich

• 3 weeks later...
skewed_stony

Hi,

I got the same error a long time. Shortly after my last update it works a short time, but the error came back.

Log is atteched.

pls help

THX

STonY

KODILog.txt

Edited by skewed_stony

• 4 months later...

Having same issue with Application and plugin updates failing. Attached server log.

Thanks,

Christopher

Hi, what exactly is failing? there's nothing obvious in this log. Thanks.

Out going http communications are failing. This looks like some kind of network configuration problem in your environment.

• 4 months later...

Looks like you're having a network problem reaching our admin domain, mb3admin.com. please make sure nothing is blocking your access to that. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

5ecce7da0fc70_embyerror1.png

Hi there, this generally means something is blocking your connection, such as a firewall, security software, or VPN. Can you look into this?