Recordings That Fail - Listing and/or notification

PenkethBoy

PenkethBoy

Having started using LiveTv recordings - one thing i cant find and i think is missing is a notification that x recording failed because of y reason

As i only have one dual tuner (at the moment) its quite easy to have more than two recordings of more than one series scheduled to happen in the same time period.

Other than i assume something in the logs to note this - there appears to be nothing in Emby to show what and why a recording is missing.

Also as the schedule updates as time passes the "historic" conflict is lost - so its not immediately obvious that a recording failed.

So could we have a notification in say the dashboard/notifications page or similar?

Also a conflict notification before the recordings would be good as well

I did a quick search and did not find a similar request - although there might be

• Like 14

Yes, this entire area of recording conflict management and reporting is something we plan to improve in a future release.

PenkethBoy

Good - Thanks

Right won't hold my breath for this to arrive  :D

I have a couple more tuners on order so hopefully this problem will become much less of a problem for me at least

• Like 1

dranderson402

I'm going to through in my hat for a failed recording notification as well. I just noticed that 2 of my shows didn't record over the past 2 days. It was actually due to the TV station's transmission problem. So it wasn't because of a conflict or unavailable tuner, rather because the TV station was offline.

In my old Mythtv setup I would actually see a 0 byte recording so I knew at a glance there was a problem. So while Mythtv didn't actually notify me of a failed recording, it would be nice to have been notified that the recording didn't work for whatever reason. In this case maybe a weak signal or tuner unavailable notification. That at least would have triggered me to have a look at things.

So anything you guys can do or plan for notifications would be greatly appreciated.

• 6 months later...
sfatula

I'm going to through in my hat for a failed recording notification as well. I just noticed that 2 of my shows didn't record over the past 2 days. It was actually due to the TV station's transmission problem. So it wasn't because of a conflict or unavailable tuner, rather because the TV station was offline.

In my old Mythtv setup I would actually see a 0 byte recording so I knew at a glance there was a problem. So while Mythtv didn't actually notify me of a failed recording, it would be nice to have been notified that the recording didn't work for whatever reason. In this case maybe a weak signal or tuner unavailable notification. That at least would have triggered me to have a look at things.

So anything you guys can do or plan for notifications would be greatly appreciated.

MythTV did not notify failed recordings, but it did re-record them where possible. It also showed them in the recorded shows list as failed. Emby seems to have nothing that tells you you lost something, and does not reschedule.

So, add my vote to failed recording notification. 

• 4 weeks later...
Ole Andreas Gløersen

Yes, this entire area of recording conflict management and reporting is something we plan to improve in a future release.

When?

• 1 month later...

I know you guys have made vast improvements and strides in the Live TV section of Emby Server. This is much appreciated! I am just wondering how things are coming along with recording management?

TIA

Edited by Sammy

• 11 months later...

So it's been nearly a year and I'm wondering how this is coming along. It seems that it could be something easily added to the playback reporting plug-in.

It seems that it could be something easily added to the playback reporting plug-in.

That plug-in is a 3rd party offering.  You could request that in the Plugins forum.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
PenkethBoy

Recently had some recording fail - not an Emby issue

But can we at least have a notification/alert that recordings fail as a minimum

Its been two years with zero progress on this

So..?

• Like 2

Spaceboy

Recently had some recording fail - not an Emby issue

But can we at least have a notification/alert that recordings fail as a minimum

Its been two years with zero progress on this

So..?

the future has not yet arrived
  • Like 2

CBers

Yes these are great ideas for the future, thanks.

How is this progressing ?

• Like 2

maegibbons

How is this progressing ?

You guys make me laugh....

ROFL

The answer is it has'nt but i'm sure the devs will confirm a total lack of progress on this front and promise to schedule it in for 2025!

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
PenkethBoy

Still no progress - another useful feature drifts off into the sunset to die a cruel needless death on the altar of dev apathy!

• Like 2