Copying folder+metadata to another server

seven21

seven21
How to setup the server so it has all the necessary metadata and images available even if the server is not connected to internet (lan only)?

Let me explain. 

I just upgraded my synology NAS and planning to setup the old NAS in my parents' place. Since their internet is not fast and reliable, I plan to update their collection through ftp preferably with all the metadata and images from my new nas. In my new nas I have enabled 'Download artwork and metadata from the internet', 'Save artwork and metadata into media folders', and 'Download images in advance'. These settings will be off in the old nas to prevent it from accessing the net. 

When I copy the folder to the other server, will emby be able to pick it up properly (e.g. not connecting to internet, update internal db if there is any, etc..) ?

With the settings mentioned above, I opened one .nfo file and I found the following

- trailer links to youtube, even though I didn't enable the trailer setting

- some actor images are referenced to /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/metadata/People, I'm not sure if this is even accessible remotely, maybe this part I can let emby repopulate from internet.

- some actor images are still link to external path e.g. https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/.....Can I force it to download and store it like the previous item?

I may have additional questions later, but first, is my plan possible with Emby? If not, what can be done and what cannot be done.

Thanks.