Double content after Auto Refresh

casperghst42

casperghst42

Hi,

The new App is reacting faster than the old, really nice to see, and the new "auto refresh" is a great feature.

Just had a very interesting experience though; after watching an episode going back to the main "TV Show's" screen, which has the "only un-watched" filter, all the un-watched TV shows where shown twice.

Going back to the main screen, and then back to "TV" solved the issue, but it looks like the "auto refresh" feature isn't fully error free.

casperghst42

Was it:

or 

1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4...?

Thank you for the quick response, it was 1,2,3,4,5... 1,2,3,4,5... 

And as far as I can see this happens all the time.

mgworek

It was happening to me last night as well. After the show was done, it went back, started scrolling down and it would repeat, it also wouldn't scroll down past the first set of shows (normal I scroll down to about the G's, have to wait a sec for the H's to show up). it wouldn't load the rest of the shows. 

Exiting to the main screen and going back fixed it.

I was going to try rebooting tonight and see what happens.

This is on a 4th gen device.

Edited by mgworek

I’m curious do you see this only for TV Shows or does this happen on the Movies view too? Are you guys also deleting an item prior to this happening?

Edited by corey

mgworek

I’m curious do you see this only for TV Shows or does this happen on the Movies view too? Are you guys also deleting an item prior to this happening?

I am not deleting any content.

I won't have the chance to try a movie until Sunday, heading out of town but if no one else tried it by then, I will try it

Senna

@@ebr & @@corey

I see something similar that may be related and that is, when I start a show (recorded by Emby) with pressing play and stop it playing, the screen that follows shows a double thumb of that show instead of a single, in my Emby recordings library.

mgworek

Haven't had the chance to try a movie but wanted to mentioned another odd thing its doing.

Live I said above, I can't go past shows that start with G  when this happens, when this behavior happens, if I just watched a show that starts after G, the screen scrolls all the way up back to top of the shows by itself and starts the whole double content and can't get past first set of shows.

Haven't had the chance to try a movie but wanted to mentioned another odd thing its doing.

Live I said above, I can't go past shows that start with G  when this happens, when this behavior happens, if I just watched a show that starts after G, the screen scrolls all the way up back to top of the shows by itself and starts the whole double content and can't get past first set of shows.

What version of tvOS are you running?  This sounds like a problem in the display engine...

mgworek

11.2.6 the current stable build. My weekend plans have changed and I might get to try a movie tonight and see what happens.

Where the unwatchrd indicators supposed to be fixed on the new version? Still showing just a green circle, I thought a few weeks ago you guys mention you had a fix for it.

Where the unwatchrd indicators supposed to be fixed on the new version? Still showing just a green circle, I thought a few weeks ago you guys mention you had a fix for it.

I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking about here...

mgworek

I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking about here...

maybe I am just going crazy, I thought there was a newer topic about this and one of the other developers commented on it but I can't find it anywhere. 

Here is a topic from December about it. I posted a screen shot on the 2nd page.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52983-green-check-for-viewed-items-is-corrupt/

maybe I am just going crazy, I thought there was a newer topic about this and one of the other developers commented on it but I can't find it anywhere. 

Here is a topic from December about it. I posted a screen shot on the 2nd page.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52983-green-check-for-viewed-items-is-corrupt/

That was fixed a long time ago.  If you are seeing something similar please post a new topic.  Thanks.

mgworek

I haven't had the chance to try movies yet. I delete the app and reinstalled just to see if it would fix it and it didn't.

mgworek

I see it after every show I watch. I could take a video of it to show what its doing even though it won't help you track it down. I will try resetting my appletv when I get the chance as well. 

@@casperghst42 are you still having this happen to you?

casperghst42

I see it after every show I watch. I could take a video of it to show what its doing even though it won't help you track it down. I will try resetting my appletv when I get the chance as well. 

@@casperghst42 are you still having this happen to you?

I am still seeing, and it only shows double, not more. 

Is there any information, I can collect to help?

mgworek

I am still seeing, and it only shows double, not more. 

Is there any information, I can collect to help?

Not sure if you have tired this yet but I know I use unwatched filter. I am going to turn it off tonight and see what happens.

mgworek

Turning off the Unwatched filter didn’t do anything. Tomorrow I will try a different user account.

mgworek

I still need to try the things I've mentioned I was going to try plus movies but my time is limited right now. Today I removed all extra plugins from the server and it didn't help. 

• 3 weeks later...
mgworek

I tested with a fresh docker install and also a fresh server install on osx and the refresh problem happened when connected those servers as well. At least I know the problem isn't my server.

I factory reset my apple tv, tried both beta and stable Apple TV apps and problem is still there.

Edited by mgworek

corey

We haven't been able to repeat this but we have some changes that are coming in a future release that may resolve this for you.

• Like 1