WMC Plugin Not Streaming HD Homerun Dual (Legacy)

Manny30306

Manny30306

I am new...so sorry for the question.

I just installed Emby and I have 2 HD Homerun Dual and I have added them to Live TV, but, Emby says they are available, but they don't work in Emby.  They work fine in Plex and in WMC and they are running on the latest firmware.

Any suggestions on how to get them to work.?  

Manny30306

Yes I see the guide and it's populated, when I click on the guide channel, all I get is the spinning circle and nothing happens. I am using ServeWMC as my guide link to WMC.  Works fine with HD Homerun Prime (Cable), I see the connection and the screen/audio works fine, but not the (OTA) HD Homerun Dual.  Very odd.  Its not finding the tuners nor are the tuners showing any connected activity.

I think in this case log's would be helpful to look at, can you provide the information by following the details on the following link How to report a problem.

While I am not using the ServeWMC plugin I use the native Emby support for HDHR however I know with schedules direct I have to tell it to apply to my tuners, not sure if the same applies to ServeWMC 

According to the logs it looks like it is trying to talk to the tuner, see below. However as stated I personally do not use ServerWMC so I am not sure if this is related or not to using the plugin. Have you done the channel scan with the HDHomeRun Setup software on these duals? shooting from the hip it could also be that as you have a cable card prime that ServerWMC is giving it the cable channel and that would not match up on the duals causing a tuning error (again just shooting from the hip at this point)

We will have to wait to see if someone else can chime in maybe @@krustyreturns or another member that utilizes ServerWMC can assist.

2018-02-27 17:18:55.526 Info App: Opening channel stream from ServerWMC, external channel Id: 1027824

2018-02-27 17:18:58.613 Info MediaEncoder: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\ffprobe.exe -analyzeduration 3000000 -i "http://192.168.1.8:5004/auto/v2.1"-threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_format
2018-02-27 17:19:03.783 Error MediaEncoder: Error in WaitForExit
2018-02-27 17:19:03.783 Info MediaEncoder: Killing ffmpeg process
2018-02-27 17:19:03.787 Error MediaEncoder: Error killing process

Another thing I just noticed again not sure if it's due to using the plugin however in my setup I see a tuner section with my tuners listed, can you access the IP 192.168.1.8 from your browser and see the HDHR landing page for the duals?

post-3520-0-66984000-1519782835_thumb.png

Edited by mbnwa

Guest asrequested

If you're using all HDHR tuners, don't use ServerWMC. Just plug the guide data directly into the server, and use the internal emby dvr

Manny30306

I can get to my HD Homerun tuners via the IP addresses.  They are currently configured to use WMC.

I uninstalled emby and reinstalled without using ServerWMC.  When I add the HD Homerun Dual, I get no tuners ready to be used.  So the setting/drivers for emby to directly use HD Homerun don't work either.  I wonder if there is a connection between the HD Homerun tuners being set for Windows Media Center vs another option in the HD Homerun setup.

I hope krustyreturns can help.

@@Manny30306 something that I just noticed that is not the same between your config and mine is you have http://$ip_address can you setup the HD Home Run's in Emby with just the IP with out http://

I would delete them out of Emby and add them again using just the IP address

Side note if this is a different PC vs your media center make sure that Windows Firewall is not causing any issues

Edited by mbnwa

Manny30306

No luck. I add only the IP address and it forces HTTP://.  I wonder if it has to do with the HD Homerun setup.  When I manually add the tuners, it doesn't show anything at the bottom of the screen that they are ready fro use.

When I use ServerWMC, then all the tuners show up as ready, BUT....the HD Homerun Dual's are not working only the Prime (Cable) is working.  A major bug in Emby.

I don't think it's a major bug in Emby, if the HDHomeRun setup provisioned the tuners for WMC it could be that the HDHR may not have the compatibility when in let's say "default" - When they show up when you use ServerWMC from what I remember all tuning is done via that plug and not by emby.  

Both my HDHR's are set to default in the HDHR setup software.

Below is how mine is setup (granted it's a prime)

In addition make sure the duals have a channel scan completed on them if that option is supported in HDHR Setup for the duals.

If you use the import only favorite option make sure to enable the * next to the channel in your HDHR tuner or it will not be imported (however most should leave this off, I only utilize it as I only want HD channels present we do not watch SD channels)

post-3520-0-15515300-1519794050_thumb.png

post-3520-0-12431900-1519794057_thumb.png

post-3520-0-13758900-1519794062_thumb.png

Edited by mbnwa

Manny30306

That is how I have prime setup. The duals also work the same way, expect the channel scan is done in your first picture.  So now, when I do a fresh install and only do my add tuner, nothing is added.  There seems to be some setting in Emby that is left behind.  How does one completely remove emby and hidden files to start over?

krustyreturns

@@Manny30306

If you decide you want to try serverwmc again, post its log after a failed attempt to play a channel or recording.  Also link me to the post because the only forum I set to get auto-notifications on is the serverwmc forum (or just start a thread there).

• Like 1

Manny30306

Hope someone can figure out why my HD Homerun Connect Dual (Legacy) is not working with serverWMC...however, it's working fine when connected with Emby without serverWMC.

This is my setup with Emby without serverWMC. https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/45783-legacy-hdhomerun-setup/

I've attached Emby and serverWMC logs. 

Plus, the serverWMC gives me an error when trying to do any update. See attachment.

Emby Log.txt

ServerWMC.log

post-289650-0-14803500-1519836985_thumb.png

d00zah

Can only speak to the update failure... you'll see this in your system event log:

post-10374-0-06451500-1519839896_thumb.jpg

It's about a SSL/TLS failure connecting to the update server... from your log:

2018/02/28 10:48:48.245 Updater> Checking for updates...
2018/02/28 10:48:48.308 Updater> Error: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel. - https://serverwmc.github.io/updates/AutoUpdate.xml

In my case, since I run SWMC as a service, I just disabled the update check. If you google the failure, I believe the is an available 'MS FixIT' which some claim solves similar issues.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=328274

Edited by d00zah

Manny30306

Well I am back to not having access to my HD Homerun Connect Dual.  Emby is not playing nicely, Plex has no issues at all.