Bug with “auto login as this User”

Sizzlebox

Sizzlebox

On Apple TV4k, if I (client side) enable the Auto sign in as this user option in Emby, when I quit Emby, I can not login at all. The only way I’ve been able to fix it is to do a full app erase and reinstall it. Then, just leave the option off.

Is this a bug or am I missing something? To clarify, only one user established at the server level and it is the main user I use for everything. Also, it has no password (blank). I can manually sign in with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sizzlebox

v1.1.4:

-do this and save password

-exit and relaunch Emby:

“Oops. Something went wrong.

Error signing in”

- server dashboard shows a failed login attempt with no other info.

Edited by Sizzlebox

Hmmm... I cannot reproduce this.

But, didn't you say the user didn't have a password?  If the system realized that, it would not give you the option to save one so I think that is the root of the issue.

Sizzlebox

Hmmm... I cannot reproduce this.

But, didn't you say the user didn't have a password? If the system realized that, it would not give you the option to save one so I think that is the root of the issue.

Okay, I’ll create a password and try it with a password for that user.

Sizzlebox

UPDATE -

In server admin, I have an Emby Connect user connected to this user account. I am unable, under the Users->Password tab to create a new password. I get a generic error. I tried disconnecting the Emby Connect account and got the same error. There seems to be something wrong related to the password for this user, but I'm not sure what to do next. Creating a whole new user with new view history, etc. would not be desirable.

UPDATE -

In server admin, I have an Emby Connect user connected to this user account. I am unable, under the Users->Password tab to create a new password. I get a generic error. 

Exactly what error did you get?

If you open the browser console, can you see errors there?

Sizzlebox

Exactly what error did you get?

If you open the browser console, can you see errors there?

“Login Failure

Invalid username or password. Please try again”

By browser console, you are referring to the Firefox console (my browser in this case)?

Sizzlebox

Here is the console log in firefox.

ConnectionManager request failed to url: https://mb3admin.com/admin/service/registration/validateDevice?serverId=acf1b048d3024235b5a2ffb9ceb75898&deviceId=ec2ed294230f87d450c3681c90fc29f75bb334e8&deviceName=Firefox&appName=Emby%20Mobile&appVersion=3.3.0.0&embyUserName=Sizzle
connectionmanager.js:1:2936
getRegistrationInfo response: undefined
connectionmanager.js:1:28493
getRegistrationInfo failed: TypeError: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.
connectionmanager.js:1:27530
ConnectionManager request failed to url: https://mb3admin.com/admin/service/registration/validateDevice?serverId=acf1b048d3024235b5a2ffb9ceb75898&deviceId=ec2ed294230f87d450c3681c90fc29f75bb334e8&deviceName=Firefox&appName=Emby%20Mobile&appVersion=3.3.0.0&embyUserName=Sizzle
getRegistrationInfo failed: TypeError: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.
Requesting url without automatic networking: http://localhost:8096/emby/Users/328aa97a3a2d4a56b1be8783fe21e51f/Password
apiclient.js:1:12443
app is hidden
apphost.js:1:4419
triggering app resume event
apphost.js:1:4294
app is hidden
apphost.js:1:4419

“Login Failure

Invalid username or password. Please try again”

By browser console, you are referring to the Firefox console (my browser in this case)?

That's the error you got when you tried to change the user's password in the user configuration on the server?

Sizzlebox

That's the error you got when you tried to change the user's password in the user configuration on the server?

Correct. But also see my posts that explain how I fixed it.

Okay, so the issue was that the password had somehow become corrupted and was related to the browser in use...?

Sizzlebox

Okay, so the issue was that the password had somehow become corrupted and was related to the browser in use...?

The password was corrupted at some point (I actually did initial config in Chrome)— but over the last few days I tried to resolve this bug and used Firefox to change the password and I was unable to do the pw fix/update in FF. It worked in Chrome and now auto login works.