Maximum call stack size exceeded - on start up

jwages

Saleel77

Okay, so you did login with a PIN.

Can you please try force-closing and re-starting the app one more time. I just made a change related to Connect logins and maybe we'll get lucky and it will solve this problem...

@@ebr hi there. Same error message again this morning. Was working fine yesterday. Error loading document homeview.

Hi.  You said "same message" but it appears that is a different message.  What is the entire message you are seeing and exactly when?

Thanks.

Gronda

Hi, I’ve been having the same issue since the latest update to the AppleTV app. All was fine and then post update it wouldn’t load. Uninstalling and reinstalling had no effect so I started playing with the home screen layout. It looks like it’s the “Latest Media” entry which is the problem as if I disable this home screen entry it loads fine and when I add it back the app won’t load. The full error message I receive is:

Oops. Something went wrong...

Maximum call stack size exceeded.

Error loading document HomeView

jwages

I set HS1 to My Media and all others to None then saved. Forced an app restart and the issue resolved. I then went back to settings and set HS2 to Latest Media, left HS1 set to My Media, and set the remainder to None. The issue did not return and the app continues to run fine.

Yup, tried that but to no avail.

How many libraries do you have?  Can you create a test user and give them access to one library at a time and discover if the problem occurs when a specific library is added?

Gronda

I have 10 libraries in total although a few are books and comics and I probably ought to remove them as there is no functionality there.

But working through a test user, it looks like the problem stems from a library I have for TV recordings as that generated the same issue with the test user and when I removed that library from my main account and reinstated the latest media home screen entry, it all works again.

To explain briefly my setup, most of my media sits on three NAS boxes upstairs - that's three of the libraries I have. The library in question looks at a couple of drives attached to my media PC. One of these (drive E) is where all my Freeview TV recordings get created as .ts files and the other (drive K) is where I save the versions of these recordings once I've removed adverts etc and where I convert to .mp4 using Handbrake before I then move the files to the "proper" libraries on the NAS boxes upstairs. I'd added these two drives as a single library so I could pull-up shows that we want to watch as they are recording and for a few things that I've recorded to watch but don't expect to keep. The only function enabled on the server for this library is real time monitoring - I don't use Emby to scrape media data anyway so those elements are always disabled.

So as a short term fix, problem solved. I'll have a play at some point to see if I can pin down any further details as to the precise source of the problem and report back any findings.

Gronda

So this is a bit odd. If I add each drive as a separate library everything is fine and I can add both libraries to the user with it all loading and being accessible. I then created a new library of both drives and that recreates the error message.

Thanks for the investigation.  Is your server setup for remote access?  If so, can you create a guest user for me (ebr) and give that user access to the problem library?

Should be accessible - details sent as a PM.

Thanks very much.

Restart the app and it should be fixed now.

Gronda

Fantastic, that's fixed it. Thanks.

Is there anything I need to know to prevent this happening in future?

Fantastic, that's fixed it. Thanks.

Is there anything I need to know to prevent this happening in future?

Not really, it wasn't your fault but it was due to the fact that your library name contained an ampersand (&).