#341 Angelblue05 OFFLINE  

Angelblue05

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 13379 posts
  • Local time: 10:56 AM

Posted 11 May 2019 - 11:52 PM

@mrees

Not at this time. Apologies for the inconvenience, we are working on a better solution for the future to correct this. With google home, it's impossible to relay requests based on your location. This means that by the time your server responds and it is sent to GH, we have exceeded the time limit of 8 seconds, which results in the error you are getting.

• mrees likes this

#342 Jaslo OFFLINE  

Jaslo

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Local time: 11:56 AM

Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:19 AM

Question,

I have setup the integration and it works great on my Sony Android TV. hats off to you sir for that. However, I utilize chromecasts though out my house for my media streaming to make our lives easy and i cant get it to see the chromecasts. is there a port i need to open or configuration i need to change? On the android app for mobile, i can see the chromecasts in emby and it works without issues. I know when i use google chrome to access my server I cant see the chromecasts due to chrome dropping support for non https via their browser.

let me know what i should investigate.

thanks for all your hard work!

Update:

sorry i missed the posts on page 15 14 saying at this time chrome casts are not supported due to api limitations.... sorry about that....... 

So ill update my quest, 

What devices is best supported by the google home app via voice to play to? can you list a few devices that you know is supported and work really well so i can invest some money into those devices for voice automation?

thanks again!

Edited by Jaslo, 01 June 2019 - 11:27 AM.

#343 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 129329 posts
  • Local time: 11:56 AM

Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:04 PM

What devices is best supported by the google home app via voice to play to? can you list a few devices that you know is supported and work really well so i can invest some money into those devices for voice automation?

Other than Chromecast, all devices supported by Emby apps for remote control will work with google home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users