336 replies to this topic

#321 Angelblue05 OFFLINE  

Angelblue05

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 12942 posts
  • Local time: 06:49 AM

Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:22 PM

Can’t reply nothing. That’s why those cancel etc says emby is not responding atm. I have to update the model to return Ok.

I will take all of this into consideration and make adjustments. Thank you.

Edited by Angelblue05, 30 December 2018 - 03:22 PM.

• FrostByte likes this

#322 Angelblue05 OFFLINE  

Angelblue05

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 12942 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:48 PM

Playback should be back to working and I'm still looking into a few more things as well.

• FrostByte likes this

#323 moviefan OFFLINE  

moviefan

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 846 posts
  • Local time: 04:49 AM

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:03 PM

Bunch of "emby not responding" messages again this morning.

#324 Angelblue05 OFFLINE  

Angelblue05

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 12942 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:30 PM

@moviefan

Doing what exactly, around what time so I can check the logs? If it’s still cancelling, it will take a few days before that is finally resolved because the issue was part of the model that needed to be submitted (still being reviewed).

I have tested play a show, playing a movie, next up, resuming. Works. Let me know, I will look into it right away.

Edited by Angelblue05, 31 December 2018 - 03:20 PM.

• FrostByte likes this

#325 abeblil OFFLINE  

abeblil

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 10:49 PM

Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:26 AM

Hi,

I have a strange issue, I ask google home to talk to emby home, which it does, I ask emby home to play a video, which it does, but then comes back and says emby home is not available, but video still playing, any ideas?

#326 Angelblue05 OFFLINE  

Angelblue05

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 12942 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:30 AM

When ending the session you mean? Did she ask anything else?

Right now, ending the session without a word causes emby is not responding error. To avoid it until the model is updated, is to say thank you or quit to terminate the session. Let me know if you are referring to a different scenario.
  • abeblil likes this

#327 abeblil OFFLINE  

abeblil

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 10:49 PM

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:05 AM

When ending the session you mean? Did she ask anything else?

Right now, ending the session without a word causes emby is not responding error. To avoid it until the model is updated, is to say thank you or quit to terminate the session. Let me know if you are referring to a different scenario.

I tried that and it seems to have sorted that issue. Question, how long will the emby home session last? In other words while I am watching a 2 hour movie do I have to ask google to talk to MB home each time I want to pause and resume?

• Angelblue05 likes this

#328 Angelblue05 OFFLINE  

Angelblue05

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 12942 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:08 AM

Good to hear. Sessions only last 8 seconds. Nothing can be done about this. You will need to reinvoke, yes.
  • abeblil likes this

#329 Angelblue05 OFFLINE  

Angelblue05

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 12942 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:38 PM

@moviefan

Still getting errors? The model has been update a few hours ago. Please let me know if it is resolved. Thanks!
  • abeblil likes this

#330 moviefan OFFLINE  

moviefan

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 846 posts
  • Local time: 04:49 AM

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:02 AM

It has been working pretty well over the past few days since my previous message.  Thanks for checking.

Also, I realized I can just ask Google home to pause/play the "TV" and it will send the command directly to the Shield, bypassing the Harmony and Emby, and not asking me "Anything else?" so this has made the whole thing much smoother.

• Angelblue05 likes this

#331 d-e-n OFFLINE  

d-e-n

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 12:49 PM

Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:47 PM

I just bought a premiere license because we would like to try out Google Home.  We love turning stuff on by talking to a device :)

One thing that is bothering me from the start: the Google Assistant doesn't always understand me when I say "talk to Emby Home", mostly it thinks I am saying "talk to me home" or something like that.   Problably a (Dutch) accent thing.   I have set my second language to English by the way.

Could it be possible to change the name of the magic word you have to say to start talking to Emby?

#332 Angelblue05 OFFLINE  

Angelblue05

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 12942 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:14 PM

@d-e-n

I don't believe the invocation can be changed. However, you can create custom shortcuts for commands and invoke talk to MB home that way.

#333 ROLHION MAISON OFFLINE  

ROLHION MAISON

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:47 AM

Hi

First of all, many thanks for your great job.

Do you have an idea when google home will be available in french langage ?

• Angelblue05 likes this

#334 Angelblue05 OFFLINE  

Angelblue05

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 12942 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:52 AM

It is a work in progress. PM your google home email and I can get you added to beta, if you'd like to help translate the project?

#335 d-e-n OFFLINE  

d-e-n

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:18 AM

I am still testing the combination of Emby and Google Home. At the moment I am trying to get Emby send music to my two Squeezeboxes. This is functioning partially: the Logitech mediaserver can find the Emby DLNA server and play music from it. But Emby can't find the Squeezeboxes or the Logitech mediaserver itself.

First question: how does Emby search for clients? In the menu in the app I can select my Google Home mini or my Denon receiver as current player and use Google Home to stream music to it but I can't see my Squeezeboxes or the Logitech mediaserver.

Second question: I was able to tell Google Home to send music to my Denon receiver via DLNA but can I see in the Android app what is actually playing on my receiver? I would by nice to see what is the current playlist or album. I would combine voice control and regular control with the app. Ultimately you want both.

#336 Angelblue05 OFFLINE  

Angelblue05

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 12942 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:38 AM

Thanks for testing.

Whatever Emby sees as a playable device currently. For example, you can open the webclient, select the play to option to see the list of available players. 

It is in the plans to get playback working on the device itself.

Not sure what you are referring to in your second question, maybe a screenshot would help? Thank you.

#337 ROLHION MAISON OFFLINE  

ROLHION MAISON

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:34 PM

It is a work in progress. PM your google home email and I can get you added to beta, if you'd like to help translate the project?

Why not to help translate the project. I try (my English/USA langage isn't very fluent)

I'have just sent my MP google home email.

• Angelblue05 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users