Double quality prompt from widgets

fonzie

I'm using the Emby beta plugin for Kodi set to Add-on mode.  I have some movies with multiple qualities (4K and 1080p) so when I am browsing the library and select a movie, a window pops up asking which file I want to play.  That is working perfectly.

The issue I'm having is that when I try to do the same exact thing from the widgets on the homescreen, it asks me which quality I want to play.  Loads for a second after I select it, and then the window pops up again asking which quality I want.  The second instance will start the movie, but it starts playing it in the background and gives me errors with refresh rate switching and HDR (this doesn't happen when selecting that same movie from within the library).

It happens with any skin I select.  I reproduced the error with the default skin Estuary and have attached the log.

Thanks

kodi.log

Sure I can.  Is there a specific action you'd like me to take when providing the log or do you just want me to reproduce the error?

edit: I noticed you attached an updated zip.  Do I overwrite the old one with this one and try again?

Edited by fonzie
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Just reproduce the error thank you :)

Edit: Use the build provided, restart Kodi.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

I reproduced it with another movie.  It still prompted me for quality selection twice, but this time it didn't play in the background and HDR did come on properly.

Edit: just noticed that you want me to try it with the build you linked.  I will try again with 3.0.12a and report back

kodi.log

Edited by fonzie
  • Like 1

I feel like you're getting closer to resolving it.  This time when I click the movie, it will start playing after I select the quality on the 1st attempt, but then the second quality prompt comes up over the movie and if I select cancel or press back, it will stop the movie and say that playback has failed.

If I select the quality first, the movie will start playing and then the quality prompt comes up again, I can select the quality for a second time and the movie will continue playing without any further interruption.

I used both of the methods above and attached a log file.

kodi.log

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@fonzie

Test this one for me. i suspect it will correct the double prompt. However, can you let me know if the artwork in the OSD seem to display correctly?

The behavior between our kodi seem to differ slightly so I'll probably ask you to test another build after this, with a final fix. Thank you

plugin.video.emby-3.0.12a.zip

Edited by Angelblue05

The last build worked.  No more double prompt.  The artwork displays properly on the OSD as well.  Thanks a bunch for such a quick response! :)

• Like 1