Playback problems Philips android tv

joggs

I am having a couple of playback problems on my philips android tv, using emby for android tv.

It has worked well for a long time, but recently the server has started transcoding due to a not supported bitrate, that I think have worked well earlier.

Even more recently, I cannot play the video at all.

I attached a log, where I can see that a null reference error is thrown when I try to start the playback of vikings season 5 episode 1:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  at MediaBrowser.Model.Dlna.StreamBuilder.GetVideoDirectPlayProfile (...

I am getting the same error for all other videos as well.

My other clients play everything as expected, such as emby for android (phone), embycon on libreelec on RPi, emby for kodi and the web client.

server-63655188528 - Copy (2).txt

Edited by joggs

Solved.

I reinstalled the app a second time in pure desperation, and everything is working well again.

Based on the server exception, I'm not sure why a reinstall helped, especially the second time :-)

A new server beta update was released today. After installation, the videos are transcoded duet to audio incompatibility. Doesn't matter if i reinstall the app.

Edited by joggs

A new server beta update was released today. After installation, the videos are transcoded duet to audio incompatibility. Doesn't matter if i reinstall the app.

So this is correct?

Sorry, for missing details. No, I like to avoid transcoding and somehow I can directplay that video until i update the server. Aftter the server update, the same video is transcoded. It usually is solved by unistalling the androidtv client and install it again.

Sorry, for missing details. No, I like to avoid transcoding and somehow I can directplay that video until i update the server. Aftter the server update, the same video is transcoded. It usually is solved by unistalling the androidtv client and install it again.

That really doesn't make a lot of sense so those actions may be coincidental.

If you can reproduce it and then provide the server, ffmpeg and app log we can take a look.  Thanks.