Roku Live TV Guide: Channels Not Available

Erik
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hello,

I go into Live TV and then Select "Guide" i get a green pop-out message of "Channels Not Available Yet, Please try again in a few seconds" and the guide never loads. I can get an individual channel to load ok, just no guide.

Roku Log send at 11:45-48 EST from user "Adults".

Let me know if you need server guides as well or anything. This is with Emby Roku Beta (.67) and Server (3.3.0.0). I tested with the Emby Roku Stable version and there are no issues, guide loads correctly so something in the Beta has a bug.

Thanks,

Erik

Same thing, can't actually get to the guide at all with the beta version. I tried restarting the roku/the app and trying it again several times, same result. Just cant get a guide.

26 channels (2x HDhomerun units each with the same channels).

And i only tried it twice, but yes the stable version works, without any errors and right into the guide.

Hmmm... okay.

So, by any chance did you remove the "Live TV" or "On Now" row from your home screen settings?

If you mean the home screen Section 1,2,3,4 like that...

Then yes, i do not have rows selected for "live TV" or "On Now" are selected options. Screenshot:

5a92f529391d1_HomeScreensettings.jpg

OK, does that mean its a bug and is getting corrected in an update, or are you saying i need to select those 2 items to be displayed in the user web settings?

No, it is a bug in the beta.

We should still allow access via the library even if you don't put a Live TV row on the home screen.

• Like 1

Ok, I'm confused...

I have it configured as i don't want live tv or next up on the main landing screen. So as per the screenshot that is the settings i use.

1) open the roku app

2) select "adults" user

3) move along the "my Media" initial row to "Live TV" and select that

4) that page, on the second row shows "Guide", I try and choose it and thats when i get the above error and no guide access.

So, what am i doing wrong @@Luke ?

Ha, ok @@ebr

that makes me feel better then, really wasn't sure what i was suppose to do.

@@Luke , I also tried adding those 2 selections to the home screen settings in the above screenshow, and no change, same error

Nevermind, adding just the "LiveTV" row did correct it, just took a few minutes to come into effect it seems.

Thanks.

Edited by Erik

Ok, I'm confused...

I have it configured as i don't want live tv or next up on the main landing screen. So as per the screenshot that is the settings i use.

1) open the roku app

2) select "adults" user

3) move along the "my Media" initial row to "Live TV" and select that

4) that page, on the second row shows "Guide", I try and choose it and thats when i get the above error and no guide access.

So, what am i doing wrong @@Luke ?

See my post above. 

For now you can work around the problem by adding a live TV row to your home screen.

• Like 1

I forced the update. I can get the guide now (with the home screen choice removed), I get the "channel not available yet" 1 or 2 times when I first try it but then it opens the guide just fine.

Just curious, am I just navigating to the guide too fast after opening the roku emby app? Or what's that message related to?

Edited by Erik

Just curious, am I just navigating to the guide too fast after opening the roku emby app? Or what's that message related to?

Yes but, with only 26 channels I'm surprised.

How many libraries do you have and how many of them show a latest row on the home screen?

11 Libraries, with all visible the first row "My Media".

Movies/kids Movies/TV Shows/Kids TV Shows/Temp/Live TV/Music/recording-series/recordings-other/home videos