3.3.0.0 ETA for macOS?

jrcorwin

• 1 month later...
kezzism

No, I run my server on an older Mac Pro; figured it was a good way to make use of the hardware, since I've never had it slow down or do anything else interesting.

Pretty much everyone that was writing kexts to make it run either MacOS or OSX after 10.11.6 agrees that future development is either impossible or not worth the time and effort...

What new MacOS features are being used in 3.3.0? Or is it just because it was compiled with a newer version of Xcode that defaults to not target older OS's?

I guess I understand why I've been getting 

Check for application updates failed.
6 hours ago
Error: SecureChannelFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.)

messages in my server's notifications for the past few months...

Yea you've been getting those messages Emby server will check Github for updates, Github has made some api changes and you need a newer Emby server to adjust to that.

I would love to target older versions of MacOS however we are depending on the Microsoft .NET core runtime, and it only supports 10.12+. The version of Emby Server you are currently running is built on the mono runtime. What we are using now performs better, is more stable, etc, but unfortunately it has a higher minimum requirement.

• 4 weeks later...

You can just grab Emby.mono.zip from any release here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases

Then install mono and run, however, some issues:

• You have to supply the native dependencies of ffmpeg, sqlite and imagemagick. We don't have a process documented for that because we haven't needed to
  • The last version of mono I tested on MacOS was 4.8.1, which at this point is old. I don't know what will happen with newer versions.

vangeliis

Hi @@Luke,

Do we an ETA on 3.4 for macOS? Looks like it's a big release.

Thanks,

vangeliis

vangeliis

Fab, I'll keep an eye on.

Edited by vangeliis