SSL Select Certificate to Authenticate Yourself With

QDivision

QDivision

Hi,

Since the latest update 3.3.0.0 I have an issue where when I browse to emby through my URL via https I get a popup asking to verify myself. If I press OK the site doesn't load but if I press cancel the site loads as normal. This happens once per browser session i.e if I close the browser and navigate back to emby it will pop up again. The certificate is fine and been generated correctly using openssl creating a .csr and getting signed with godaddy then creating a .pfx file from the generated godaddy certificates.

I have not had any problems with the SSL certificate until the latest update.

See attached screenshot.

Pleas fix ASAP.

Thanks

post-3832-0-92937300-1519508797_thumb.png

QDivision

Why would you have it as client cert required? I'm not going to issue a certificate to every user/device I want to access my server.

Can that be changed to an optional configuration.

Thanks.

• Like 1

We updated our code to match Microsoft reference code, and that's just how it happens. That might be their default recommended implementation.

computerprep

I second that I dislike this new implementation. I'll have to send my .pfx file to very non-technical people to download to their phones to verify themselves.

On the other hand, it is a bit of added security. Maybe the old way can be implemented as an advanced option? Or vice versa?

horstepipe

hey

So to get this right, with the new stable release v3.3 you can't access your server if you didn't setup client certificates?

Jdiesel

Back to normal on my end. I only noticed the certificate prompt before when using Chrome. Either way I much prefer how it is working in 3.3.0.2

mirkonline

I restored a backup done before updating to 3.3. Because sometime my Emby wasn't reachable from outside (still reachable from LAN). With the 3.3 version, the problem disappear only doing a restart of Emby application.

I think there are some problems with the last update.

Hope you will solve. At the moment I prefer to stay in 3.2.70.0 version.

wedgekc

I only use ssl with let's encrypt and started a vacation yesterday and no one could connect. Changes like that should be stated in the release notes on github, which I usually read before upgrading.  If I didn't come across this I would have been pulling my hair out.  Just connected opened http through the firewall and connected for now.  Thanks