How do I give permissions to my storage?

ZiggyDubz

ZiggyDubz

I can get Emby Server to install ok on Raspbian. I can load it up and everything works, except that it can't read my storage device. Raspbian file explorer sees the storage and I can view the movies, but when I type that path to add to my library, it says it's not valid. I have zero experience here. I'm just googling what I can, but a lot of it is over my head. Can someone please help me out with a ELI5? Thank you!

Would you mind providing an emby server log? i would like to see which install package this noobs package is based on.

You can grab a server log from the emby server dashboard under the Logs section.

thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
ZiggyDubz

Sorry, I'm so used to push notifications I forgot to check back on this during my googling. I was able to get Emby to read my drive, and now it works perfectly EXCEPT for playback. So now I've created this post if you have any feedback. Thank you!

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56996-i-have-emby-server-installed-on-raspbian-on-my-raspberry-pi-3-everything-works-perfect-except-for-playback-help-please/&do=findComment&comment=555854