Include tags in search results

capitaineflam25

capitaineflam25

Hi,

i'd love that search engine look for tags in complement with the filenames.

For example i'd like to tag all my family "ski" videos so when i search for the work "ski" they are listed.

Or is there an alternative to do that with the actual features ?

Regards

• Like 20

• 1 year later...
ddurdle

I can't believe only one other person voted for this.  Perhaps everyone who created a duplicate request came here and +voted for this request, it would get some traction on adding this feature.

• Like 1

atomicmoon

I would like to throw my support behind this effort as well. 
At the current moment, what use does Emby use for tags? If not for searching, what actual use do they provide for the end-user via Emby?

funwithmedia

At the current moment, what use does Emby use for tags? If not for searching, what actual use do they provide for the end-user via Emby?

In my case I tagged a bunch of my media programmatically (I wrote a custom script) when I first transitioned to Emby, and there are many items that I tag when I add them to Emby. For me the end purpose will be to use the forthcoming Smart Collections functionality ( https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/58063-emby-server-option-to-auto-add-to-collections-based-on-pathattribute-matching-rules/ ) to base certain collections off of Tags.

• 2 weeks later...
ddurdle

You can filter out content based on tags via parental control. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
riothamus

+1 here too.  With Christmas coming up, it would be nice to be able to search for all of the Christmas movies that I tagged as "Christmas film".  This way, when we search for other Christmas movies that don't have the term "Cristmas" in it (such as The Grinch and Die Hard) we actually get the results based on the Christmas film tag I applied.

Romek123

just saw this thread and thought great, i want this.

the filter option for tags is not really workable when have a lot tags. scrolling through all of them is kinda tireing

Edited by Romek123
  • Like 1

+1 here too.  With Christmas coming up, it would be nice to be able to search for all of the Christmas movies that I tagged as "Christmas film".  This way, when we search for other Christmas movies that don't have the term "Cristmas" in it (such as The Grinch and Die Hard) we actually get the results based on the Christmas film tag I applied.

Hi.  With the web and mobile apps, you should be able to accomplish this now by going to one of those movies tagged that way and tapping the tag in the list.

riothamus

Hi.  With the web and mobile apps, you should be able to accomplish this now by going to one of those movies tagged that way and tapping the tag in the list.

That's how I have to do that now.  However, my wife uses the Roku app and does not know what movies are tagged with what.  She just wants to be able to search for a term and have it show up in the results.  From a user perspective, being able to have tags available in search results would be a huge benefit.

That's how I have to do that now.  However, my wife uses the Roku app and does not know what movies are tagged with what.  She just wants to be able to search for a term and have it show up in the results.  From a user perspective, being able to have tags available in search results would be a huge benefit.

Yes, and we will get there I was just providing an alternative that would work now.

Thanks.

riothamus

No worries, and I appreciate your advice.  Seeing as to how the next version of Emby has added Collections to search results, I'm just hoping that tags showing up in search results would make it into a near future release.

• 1 month later...
Diedrich

+1 for searching tags, I came here looking for this exact feature. My use case is to tag cooking shows so that I can easily and quickly find the episode I want, e.g. Search: turkey.... or thanksgiving

• 7 months later...
Tranquil

also +1 From me.

And a hint: This thread is also a duplicate. The first feature request I found for this is from 2017: