Audio missing from a few channels

aiannetta

aiannetta

Hello, 

I've had live tv set up for a while now, using a HD homerun and cablecard, everything had been working great, however, there is one or two channels where I can't hear voices.. One I'm having issues with would be the Golf Channel, for example, if they were in a match I can hear the ambient sound such as spectators, clubs being swung, balls being hit, sound effects from graphics etc, but can't hear commentators voices. During the broadcast, commercials are also affected, but from time to time one will come up where I can hear the commercial. Any idea what could be causing this for that particular channel? 

Thanks!

Guest asrequested

So you have sound but not the direct speech? What app are you using to play? Do you have a home theater system? Gonna need all the info that Luke, requested.

mastrmind11

Yeah, the fact that you can hear some sounds and not others sounds like an audio channel mixup, where center channel is being filtered out.  What happens when you downmix to stereo?

• 3 weeks later...
aiannetta

Hey guys, 

Sorry for the slow response, had some stuff come up that took precedent. So the issue took place in the Samsung app, however, it works on the Emby app for iOS. I started the same channel on iOS app and clicked the sound icon, there are two audio feeds it looks like, one is Spa Dolby Digital stereo, the other is Eng Dolby Digital stereo, it launches in Spa, I switched to Eng and the audio was there. Is there a way to have it default to this audio stream, also within the Samsung app there was no audio option present to change the stream, it seems like it wasn't included for live tv playback for this app, is there a way to do it? 

Thanks

Hi there, can you please attach the information requested from the second post above? thanks !

aiannetta

Hi @@Luke, I'm using the Emby app on 2017 Samsung Television. seems to be more of a problem with not being able to switch audio streams within the app in live tv, As mentioned I can do it in the iOS app and I can do it from a browser(Chrome), they both have the "musical note" as an option and show the second stream (I've attached 2 screenshots of the browser to show what's missing).

5aac620da4eab_Capture.png

5aac623628775_Capture2.png