No metadata loaded for movies coming from MediaPortal TV Plugin

frelibert
Go to solution Solved by pünktchen,

frelibert

Hi,

I watch tv in Emby using MediaPortal TV Server and MediaPortal TV Plugin on my Windows 10 PC.

EPG is imported dayly and genres are mapped correctly.

Recording works fine.

However, no movie metadata is loaded by Emby for the elements mapped to the movie genre.

Is that a known limitation of using mediaportal TV Server as source, is it a bug or is it just misconfiguration by me ?

If it's the last option, how to set that up correctly?

• Solution
pünktchen

Right now there's no online lookup for meta data with any live tv plugin in Emby.

But hopefully @@Luke will change this soon.

• Like 1

frelibert

Ok, thanks for that information.

@@Luke,

Any chance you are or will be working on support for metada on movies from channels imported by live tv plugin?

The movies are correctly listed in the movies section of the tv programs guide and title, description, etc is available as it is in mediaportal.

It would be great to have extra metadata the same way as is done for movies in the movies library.

Is there a workaround?

I tried to import xmltv guide (as mediaportal is using that also) in tv guides but I can't map the channels after the file is imported. I get a blank list when I click on 'map channels'.

Is that also a limitation for live tv plugins?

Either one of those solutions would suit me fine.

pünktchen

If Luke implements online meta data, then it will only be for recordings not for epg!

We had this already for live tv programs, but it has made to much trouble with really slow guide import and many false movie identifies. So it has been removed not only for tv plugins, but also for Emby's core live tv.

If you want nice covers and meta data for your programs, you'll have to use a really good XMLTV source or Schedules Direct EPG in Emby or a tv backend that supports this (NextPVR for example).

With XMLTV or Schedules Direct integrated into Emby, you need a m3u playlist, a hauppauge tuner or a HDHomeRun device. It will not work with a live tv plugin.