capitaineflam25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Local time: 02:12 AM
  • LocationFrance

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:56 PM

Hi,

i'm watching live TV from Emby Android TV (Emby Windows Server + HDHomeRun)

Most of the time i change the TV channel it works well, but on some situations (which i can easily reproduce) it fails.

It seems that it fails more when TV channel is changed from "On Now" OSD or "Guide" OSD.

When the problems appears, i first see the begining of the transcoded stream (about 19:40:46 on the log) then it fails after less than a second and the waiting ring displays.

It seems that another ffmpeg is invoked by the server to relay the failing one, but on Android TV i still see the waiting rings for many seconds until it definitely fails.

If i wait, the TV channel is never played and if i want to retry with success i need to wait more (so both ffmpeg processes on server had ended)

If i insist and try again the channel too quickly i'ts impossible to see it.

Attached Files

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121836 posts
  • Local time: 08:12 PM

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:17 PM

Thanks for the report, we'll take a look.

#3 capitaineflam25 OFFLINE  

capitaineflam25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Local time: 02:12 AM
  • LocationFrance

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:29 PM

Thanks

I maybe wrong, but i think this happens more on those OSD screens because the next transcoding starts quickly before the previous has totally stopped.

If you press "back", then select another channel and press "watch" you give the time to the server to close properly the previous ffmpeg before it starts the new one. And that is not the case every time you change channel from the OSD menus.

Edited by capitaineflam25, 22 February 2018 - 02:30 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hdhomerun, live

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users