Download subtitles

EduardoSantos

lorac

And also before reporting an issue make sure to see the instructions I gave in post #22. The manual subtitle downloading feature is a great self-service method you can use to search what is available.

I'm not using the perfect match requirement but I can download the subtitles manually.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

lorac

Then check the other filters in the downloading settings.

I have English, perfect - unchecked, skip default - checked, skip already - unchecked. Movies and episodes - checked (although I don't see those options anymore).

I assume it's probably more on OS end than an emby issue.

Sammy

So I've tooled around with this somewhat.

I changed the setting to allow subtitles that are not an exact match and manually ran the scheduled Download Subtitles task and if finishes.

I manually downloaded the subtitles for the same episode in my example above and Emby tells me it is queued. I'm not sure where this queue is to look at it to verify it completes the download.

At any rate the srt does not exist still in the folder where the mkv is located nor do I get a subtitle with the playback (as expected since the srt doesn't exist).

Server Log

20180327 Emby Server Log.txt

ffmpeg log

Emby ffmpeg log 20180327b.txt

Edited by Sammy

lorac

Having issues uploading the server log.

Zip it first.

Sammy

It's up now. Had to rdp into my HTPC with emby on it as I'm working off my mobile hot spot right now as it is. 

Sammy

The Good Doctor S01E18 is what I'm working with here for reference. 

If it is an issue with open subtitles how to fix it. This is sorta important for us old folk that went to too many Van Halen Concerts back in the day..

Sammy

Anything?

I set it to not require an exact match. The subtitles seem to show in Emby under the episodes now but not in with the Season folder for the show. Are these in the Emby Database? Any way to put them in <DriveLetter>:/TV Series/<Series Name>/<Season>/ instead?

My C:/ Drive is full enough as it is but I suppose I need to get to moving the Emby database. Where is it in the C:/ Drive by default?

Thanks.

Sammy

Did you try the instructions in post 25?

Yes I did. I reported back on that in post 29. I have subtitles showing now but not in the respective folders. I suspect they're in the database, which is why the database is getting quite large on my SSD Boot Drive. I'm not sure if these are good matches or not as I toggled off "exact match" even though it looks like opensubtitles.org has exact matches by comparing file names as shown in post 19.

I don't know how Emby makes this request or how opensubtitles.org responds to the request but it looks like something's amiss in the API or whatever other means is used to tie the two together.

Thanks.

Edited by Sammy

No if you can download manually then it's fine. Check the other filters on the download settings page.

Sammy

I'm sorry to confuse here. It looks like I have a lot of subtitles now but had to un-check "exact match" to get them when it looks like the en zee bee name is a match to the file name in opensubtitles but as it should, the file names are changed by sonarr / enzeebee get to be better read by Emby. It seems that somewhere along the line something is lost in downloading the subs with "exact match" enabled.

Or maybe I'm way off base here in that the matching is done some other way using data from MediaInfo or the like and these actually aren't exact matches?

Sammy

The other thing here is off-loading this data from my boot drive so as to not fill it up with a lot of data and srt files. Of course I realize it is quicker this way with SSD vs HDD..

Sammy

I just checked another series.. The Arrangement. The subs exist on opensubtitles.org. I have all settings for subtitles un-checked in EmbyServer > Subtitles. I did an Edit Subtitles from S02E01 and nothing shows up in Emby yet there's two subs available on opensubtitles.org.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Edited by Sammy

Sammy

The exact match is based on file contents not file name.

Thanks for the clarification @@Luke.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

joaorsfonseca

Hi there. I'm having a similar problem.

The subtitles file isn't download or at least placed in the same folder of the file but to the server metadata folder (AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\library\).

I'm missing some configuration?

Hi there. I'm having a similar problem.

The subtitles file isn't download or at least placed in the same folder of the file but to the server metadata folder (AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\library\).

I'm missing some configuration?

You have to enable saving local metadata for that library.

But if you read this thread, how did you arrive at the conclusion of "same problem"? This is completely unrelated. This topic about subtitles not being downloaded. 

joaorsfonseca

@@Luke i've said similar not same  :)

I'll take a look at home on those settings you mention.

Once i've change it, will Schedule Task download all the subtitles even if they already are in Emby metadata?

joaorsfonseca

@@Luke I've enabled it and run again the schedule task but nothing happened. I'm still missing the srt file alongside my episodes mkv  :(

Srts downloaded were only for my new files in the library.. How can i force a full scan on my library to download the remaining ones?