Download subtitles

EduardoSantos

EduardoSantos

Is there any means to download a movie subtitle from Emby?

Currently the download works really well for movies and music but I could not find any means to get the subtitles downloaded.

I think he means when downloading from the server to an app, in which case, we don't include external subs at this point, correct?

EduardoSantos

I think he means when downloading from the server to an app, in which case, we don't include external subs at this point, correct?

That's it!

EduardoSantos

So if the user is configured to always show subtitles, the external subtitle file will also be downloaded?

I could not replicate this.

In the web interface, when I choose to download a movie, it shows a dialog window to ask where the file shall be downloaded and the name. Then the download initiates and it finishes without mentioning the external subtitle.

So if the user is configured to always show subtitles, the external subtitle file will also be downloaded?

I could not replicate this.

In the web interface, when I choose to download a movie, it shows a dialog window to ask where the file shall be downloaded and the name. Then the download initiates and it finishes without mentioning the external subtitle.

No, the user settings don't affect the downloading. The only thing that affects the downloading are the downloading settings in the server dashboard.

What's the best way to troubleshoot subtitles not downloading? Examples would be Bron / Broen or Borgen where I know opensubtitles has them but emby isn't downloading them.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

What's the best way to troubleshoot subtitles not downloading? Examples would be Bron / Broen or Borgen where I know opensubtitles has them but emby isn't downloading them.

How to report a problem. Thanks.

If it helps, this almost always comes down to the download settings being strict about when to download subtitles. But it is give and take. You can remove the perfect match requirement, which will download more at a greater risk of getting subtitles that are out of sync with your video.

If it helps, this almost always comes down to the download settings being strict about when to download subtitles. But it is give and take. You can remove the perfect match requirement, which will download more at a greater risk of getting subtitles that are out of sync with your video.

Oh no. It isn't that. I turned that off. Really it isn't that I need subtitles for most media it's just that there's a chance that if subtitles are needed emby might use the SRT. I've noticed that just because the SRT exists doesn't mean emby will use it. That could be a roku thing as well I suppose... rather than posting the whole log I'll look for the relevant sections. There's a lot of media to go through so DL subtitles task can take a while.

EduardoSantos

I have no download setup.
Just plain Emby being used through it's web interface.
On the movie details there is a link to download the movie from the server and it works.

There is, though, no way to download the external srt subtitles.

Please help me by giving directions on how to proceed.

I have no download setup.

Just plain Emby being used through it's web interface.

On the movie details there is a link to download the movie from the server and it works.

There is, though, no way to download the external srt subtitles.

Please help me by giving directions on how to proceed.

You'd need to manually download the subtitles from opensubtitles.org or have someone who has access to the media send you the subtitles.

EduardoSantos

You'd need to manually download the subtitles from opensubtitles.org or have someone who has access to the media send you the subtitles.

This is not the scenario.

The subtitles file have been downloaded and are already on the library.

My intent is to download them from the Emby Server by using Emby's web UI.

Currently Emby's web UI supports downloading the movie but, as @@Luke informs, it does not support subtitles download.

Thanks anyway

• 4 weeks later...
Sammy

I hope the OP doesn't mind me adding to this thread. If an issue, admin please move..

I looked and verified that my Emby Server ==> opensubtitles.org login information is correct and then forced a download of subtitles.

For an example, I have the following:

The.Good.Doctor.S01E18.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS

which has been re-written as such:

S01E18 - More.mkv by Emby.

post-110-0-50399900-1522162781_thumb.jpg

and opensubtitles.org has the subtitles as shown:

post-110-0-51471100-1522162669_thumb.jpg

but I have Emby set to "exact match".

latest log and ffmpeg log from the time this was tested but probably doesn't matter as there's no srt to mux in.

20180327 Emby Server Log.txt

Emby ffmpeg log 20180327.txt

Edited by Sammy

Sammy

What is the issue that you're trying to report?

Emby is not downloading subtitles with exact match set to on even though the file looks to be an exact match by name.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Did you check open subtitles & subdb? they probably just don't have subtitles that fit the perfect match requirement. You can perform this searching on your own. Thanks.

lorac

I don't have perfect match selected and am not getting subs for some shows. Rita would be a good example where I can see that subs are available at opensubtitles.

I'll send you the log.

I don't have perfect match selected and am not getting subs for some shows. Rita would be a good example where I can see that subs are available at opensubtitles.

I'll send you the log.

If there's lots of open subtitle errors then don't bother. Looks like an issue on their end. I would just give it a little time to clear itself up. Thanks.

And also before reporting an issue make sure to see the instructions I gave in post #22. The manual subtitle downloading feature is a great self-service method you can use to search what is available.