Trailers jumpy - driving me nuts....please help?

naeyaert

naeyaert

Hello Emby via 

I need some help please with Trailers.  I'm running Emby Theatre and I have the fastest possible Fibre Connection available that is directly connected to my Emby Theatre PC via the network port.

However, when I view a trailer on my movie (trailer button) I often get very jerky trailers.  Around 80% of the time the trailer will freeze and then carry on. 

It is super annoying and I wanted to know if I have done something wrong, or if there is a way to configure EMBY Theater to play smoother trailers please.

Ironically when I Chromecast the same trailer (say from Youtube) via my Iphone onto the same TV the trailers run super smooth without issue.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, Rob 

naeyaert

Which version of Theater? Store app or from the Emby website?

I'm running the latest EMBY Theatre v2.8.6.  I'm a premier supporter

naeyaert

There's a new version about to be released. It might help with this.

Um, so this is a common issue / complaint re the "jumpy" trailers?  Is there anything I can do to configure EMBY to run the trailers smoother as I'm on a ultra fast fibre connnection so streaming should not be an issue

Guest asrequested

I've not seen that particular issue, but the present release of Theater has some window funkiness. Which is better in the new release. Also, electron is being updated and so too is the player (mpv). So it's getting some big improvements.

Guest asrequested

And the new server update has been released, which will then update the trailers plugin.

Edited by Doofus

naeyaert

And the new server update has been released, which will then update the trailers plugin.

Ok, I just updated to server 3.3.0.0 and Theater is still 2.8.6.  It said to restart to update the Trailers and I did that. I ever restarted the entire machine and the trailers are still jumpy.   They load, then freeze and then start again - like they are buffering.

As I mentioned earlier, if I use my Iphone to Chromecast the exact same movie trailer to the same TV (on the same exact network) it streams perfectly.

This is still driving me nuts as I use the Trailer feature all the time and this freezing is driving me mad.

Can someone please help me?

Many thanks

naeyaert

Are you sure Theater is 2.8.6? The latest is 2.9.6 and about to get updated. You may want to do a clean install of Theater.

Yes, that's what it says on the settings screen - v2.8.6.  Isn't Theater meant to auto-update?  Do I need to keep checking and pulling down updates?

Guest asrequested

Yes, that's what it says on the settings screen - v2.8.6.  Isn't Theater meant to auto-update?  Do I need to keep checking and pulling down updates?

Some time ago, there was an issue with the auto-update. It was rectified, but you needed to manually update, first. Just install over the top. You'll find that many improvements have been made.

https://emby.media/emby-theater.html

5a91dae4a2dc4_Snapshot_462.jpg

Edited by Doofus

naeyaert

2.8.6 is the exact version that had the auto-update problem, so that explains that.

Oh OK guys thanks, I had no idea so I'm glad I now know.  I'll do a clean install and hopefully will see an improved trailers feature.

Many thanks team