#61 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 152597 posts
  • Local time: 01:27 PM

Posted 22 October 2018 - 03:55 PM

but changes to the XML are not as far as adding or removing channels goes

Because i already mentioned earlier that the channel list comes from your tuner source (m3u), not your guide data. There is nothing to fix because this is behaving as expected.

In the future, we plan to expand our channel management features to allow you to manually remove channels you do not want. Thanks !

#62 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1271 posts
  • Local time: 10:27 AM
  • LocationTucson, Arizona

Posted 22 October 2018 - 03:58 PM

I was referring to the map dropdown channels. They do not change with an update, but the M3U channels do when I make a channel change.

The only way I have been able to do this is to delete the XML and reload it, but then all the mappings are gone.

#63 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1271 posts
  • Local time: 10:27 AM
  • LocationTucson, Arizona

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:05 PM

I got all the channels sorted out using another service (EPG for IPTV). That way I could trim the M3U and use epg123 with SD for the XML. Works pretty well I must say with a 14 day guide.

Plus, I am considering using NPVR for all the recording with one of my IPTV providers since the plugin integrates nicely. NPVR handles folder names better than Emby, also that way I don't have library issues with duplicates because the Emby library monitors the recording directory.

Took a while, but all seems to work well. Now if I could just get recordings to play smoothly throughout the show I would be golden. An issue for another thread.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EPG123, XML, XMLTV, Emby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users