invited guests not showing up in dashboard

dietrichmd

dietrichmd

I am trying to add a friend to my server using the guest feature.

He receives the invite and can access the server (for some reason, seeing all of MY watch positions, etc (what's up with that??)) but I have no way to moderate his access or anything like that -- he just doesn't appear anywhere in the dash.

Thanks

Hi, it sounds like you've linked him to your own emby account rather than a new one. What exact process did you go through to invite this guest? Thanks.

And then what happened after that? Did your guest already have an Emby Connect account at that time, or did they create it after that?

dietrichmd

They had to create the account, as far as I know.

From what I understand, he clicked the link in the invite and then signed up.  then went to my server url direct and got right in w/o login.

Ok that's because you have only one account on your server, and that account doesn't have a password.

We need to make this more clear, but now that he has created an account, try inviting him again.

• 4 weeks later...
NuAlphaMan

And then what happened after that? Did your guest already have an Emby Connect account at that time, or did they create it after that?

Hi, 

I'm having the same problem. I invited people to join my server and I cannot see them under my users. Do they have to have an Emby Connect account first and then invite them with their Emby connect account?