Remote User related questions

speedingcheetah

speedingcheetah

I am playing around with using my Emby to replace the "file share" i had setup via my router and a usb stick.

Have 2 questions:

1.  Is there a way to hide the default icons called "Collections" and "Folders"?  I don't see an option to hide those selections in the User Access settings.

I just want only the Folder and certain other Library Folders i create or select to show.  

2.  Is there a way to have a remote user upload a file to the Emby server?  Is this a feature/plugin that could be added in the future?

Thanks.

Happy2Play

1.  Are you referring to the options on Dashboard-Library-Display? (Display a folder view to show plain media folders - Display a collections view to show movie collections)

2. Only upload I am aware of is Camera Upload.

speedingcheetah

1.  Are you referring to the options on Dashboard-Library-Display? (Display a folder view to show plain media folders - Display a collections view to show movie collections)

2. Only upload I am aware of is Camera Upload.

1.  Ah. So that is where that setting is. I was looking for such setting in the Users acces page....didn't think to check the Sever wide Library settings. Thank U.

2. From what i gather, Camera upload is only for uploading Photos from a device with the Emby app installed. (much like how Google Photos works?).

I am looking for the option to upload a file (mainly video) via the web interface to a certain set folder for a basic remote user file share setup.(like u can do with say MegaUpload) 

While i do not do anything more than just basic file share at this time, I guess a full featured version of this would be so that a remote user could have the permission "Add to the Library" where u could have it locked to just one set Library Folder they can upload to, or have it added globally.  

I am not certain if any other media center software (Plex) support such a  feature...but it sure would be useful to many.

I have seen some folks setup a independent FTP sever on their system that remote user would just upload file to that, and that folder was in Emby's library...but it would be nice to just be able to click and upload button on the Emby page.

Edited by speedingcheetah

speedingcheetah

Another question.

Is there such a thing as User timeout...or Auto Log off thing?

I see in the dashboard when a user logs in and their activity, but unless they logout or close their browser out, i just seem them sitting there as a actively logged in.

Also, it doest seem to show when a user Finishes downloading a video....just when they start the download.

Edited by speedingcheetah

Also, it doest seem to show when a user Finishes downloading a video....just when they start the download.

It's just to let you know that someone downloaded something. It's not intended to be download start/end events.

speedingcheetah

It's just to let you know that someone downloaded something. It's not intended to be download start/end events.

Thats not how i would see it as. It reports when a user plays and stops a video...or song...and other user activity, so why not when user completes download? 

Is there such a thing as User timeout...or Auto Log off thing?

There is in the TV apps because those are typically used on shared devices.  The other apps are typically on individual devices so it isn't always desired in those cases.