Two Apple TV Questions

jrcorwin

jrcorwin

1.) Is there any ETA on when the absolutely wonderful Live TV guide from the server side of Emby will end up in the Apple TV app?

2.) The files in my TV Shows and Movies libraries correctly trigger the frame rate change on both my Apple TV 4K and my Apple TV 4. Should Live TV as well? I have two "tuner devices." One is a local HD-Homerun, while the other is an m3u. The m3u streams have UK frame rates (25p), which I verified with VLC, but Emby doesn't seem to pick up on that. 

post-267884-0-02433800-1518987114_thumb.jpg

1) Sorry, not at this time.

2) This is all being handled by the OS and device but it depends on information existing in the video stream so maybe that information just isn't there (or in the right place) for the Live TV streams.

jrcorwin

2) This is all being handled by the OS and device but it depends on information existing in the video stream so maybe that information just isn't there (or in the right place) for the Live TV streams.

Thank you. The information is there. VLC sees it, but it must not be in the right place and such.

jrcorwin

I don’t know if this is helpful at all, but I thought I would mention it. I managed to get my IPTV channels into the Plex “Live TV and DVR” feature by using a program that basically creates a phantom HD-Homerun. (Sort of...I don’t know how to discribe this magic haha) Anyway, I can watch them in Plex, just as I can in Emby. The same exact IPTV Channels from the exact same m3u file. The only difference is... Plex can see the frame rate into and triggers the Apple TV to switch to 25p. So it is there, but Emby doesn’t see it for some reason.

jrcorwin

I think it’s be helpful to see the contents of the M3U file.

I’d be happy to provide @@ebr with it, if it would be helpful. I’d rather not post it in the open though. It’s provided by an IPTV service I pay for.

https://rapidiptv.me

Edited by jrcorwin

You are aware that this is not the real Rapid but a rippoff of the original ?!

Original Rapid stopped using this name for approx. a year now, because of those scam sites using their name. Read a lot of topics already on other forums, of people losing money, because they didn't get what they paid for..

Edited by Senna

jrcorwin

You are aware that this is not the real Rapid but a rippoff of the original ?!

Original Rapid stopped using this name for approx. a year now, because of those scam sites using their name.

Are you sure about that? It’s been working like a dream and came highly recommended.

jrcorwin

But for how long... so don't do year subscriptions with them

Just monthly for now. Thanks for the warning though! I’ll keep an eye on it.

That's the safest way to test new providers if you don't know your way around with iptv, by doing monthly subs.

Edited by Senna

I’d be happy to provide @@ebr with it, if it would be helpful. I’d rather not post it in the open though. It’s provided by an IPTV service I pay for.

https://rapidiptv.me

As Luke said if you can PM it to me that’d be great. I’m one of the Apple TV devs :)

jrcorwin

Are those screenshots supposed to demonstrate some kind of problem?

No, just showing the difference in refresh rate shown via the tvOS developer HUD. One is seeing it in the stream, while the other is not. The plus on the Emby side is that it is direct streaming, whereas with Plex it's a full on transcode unfortunately.

No, just showing the difference in refresh rate shown via the tvOS developer HUD. One is seeing it in the stream, while the other is not. The plus on the Emby side is that it is direct streaming, whereas with Plex it's a full on transcode unfortunately.

If Plex is transcoding it, then the refresh rate is probably being adjusted there.

jrcorwin

If Plex is transcoding it, then the refresh rate is probably being adjusted there.

It should be picked up regardless. Other items that direct stream trigger the frame rate change. This should as well.

But neither one of your screenshots indicates that the stream contains any information on the refresh rate of the item...

It is possible that our Live TV process is not passing along the parameter if it is there (or simply doesn't have the ability to) - Luke will need to confirm that.

However, I don't see any evidence that Plex is doing anything differently other than the fact that they are transcoding the item which changes everything.

jrcorwin

But neither one of your screenshots indicates that the stream contains any information on the refresh rate of the item...

It is possible that our Live TV process is not passing along the parameter if it is there (or simply doesn't have the ability to) - Luke will need to confirm that.

However, I don't see any evidence that Plex is doing anything differently other than the fact that they are transcoding the item which changes everything.

The first one certainly does...

The first one certainly does...

Where?  The "Video format desc" looks identical to me.  It contains video range information, but not frame rate...

That is just showing what the display is set to.  How it got set that way is the question and both incoming stream information sets appear to be the same.  Notice it does note the dynamic range setting.

We will confirm whether or not we 1) have the information about the frame rate from the source in this instance and 2) are passing it on in the manifest if so.

jrcorwin

That is just showing what the display is set to.  How it got set that way is the question and both incoming stream information sets appear to be the same.  Notice it does note the dynamic range setting.

We will confirm whether or not we 1) have the information about the frame rate from the source in this instance and 2) are passing it on in the manifest if so.

Ahh...I see. Thank you for the clarification!