Qnap Server (251A)

DNM

Kind of bummed about running Emby Server on a Qnap 251A. Over the last several days, using the Qnap as a server has resulted in non connection via iOS and web UI. Many times, once I do finally connect, I then cannot view movie icons on file listings (possibly TV also). Once connected (without icon view), I can request movies to play/resume, without additional problems, except speed.

I do not understand these glitches, as I can run MrMC on iOS (using Emby Server on Qnap as the upnp backend)...can then view all icons and then play files. Faster load and ffd through the commercial breaks.

I’m also trying to use test Android Server, but there are multiple other problems (understand that this is still in testing mode so not too concerned).

Which logs would you like me to attach to help resolve these problems?...so I can follow your requested “Report a Problem” process.

FYI,

Both are now displaying icons as expected...however for at least 1-2 days I was experiencing limited display/no connection. Could not see any excessive CPU/Ram usage on Q251A during this time.

I still would like to explore opportunities for speed up of start and also fast forwarding on files recorded from an HDHR tuner.

If I experience further problems with connection/icon display...I will post again and attach Emby Server log.

Thanks for your help...Looking forward to a seamless experience on your various platforms.

In your log something on your network is hammering the server with repeat dlna requests. that could explain the slowdown.

In your log something on your network is hammering the server with repeat dlna requests. that could explain the slowdown.

Thanks very much for the info, I’ll have to investigate further. I’ve been trying to limit dlna just to Emby/MrMC, but I may have missed a stray process...possibly a Qnap process that I can kill?

After disabling all instances of DLNA except Emby on Q251A and the HDHomeRun:

I am able to utilize the Qnap 251A Emby Server (without problems) on iOS app. However, trying to access on web ui...there are still problems with viewing thumbnails:

Anything else I can provide or setup?

server 2-19.pdf

post-20326-0-01440800-1518998335_thumb.png

Edited by DNM

The image processing is all on the fly and some of those are just taking a little time. as the app and server build up their image caches, the delay will go away.