In need for transcoding profile for [TV] UE40JU6440

loganj

Hi,

I have a samsung tv which emby seems to detect it as [TV] UE40JU6440

In logs it shows like

2018-02-17 19:00:38.058 Info Dlna: DLNA Session created for [TV] UE40JU6440 - UE40JU6400

Now i want to make a transcode profile specific for this device that

-will transcode video for h264 Hi 10 only,

-will not transcode video for hevc/x265 or anything else for now

-will trancode audio for flac and truehd (i don't remember exactly the format)

For now,with default settings the h264 Hi10 seems to work. flac seems to transcode too. my samsung tv does support flac audio but its out of sync with video by 1/2 seconds or more so i need it to be transcoded.

truehd seems to transcode too.

the problem i have is that server tries to transcode hevc video and i don't need this cause the tv is able to play both hevc 8bits and 10bits without problems.

So i have no clue where to set this. i don't even know which transcoding file settings the server uses.

I'm using a standalone server on windows 8.1 pro x64

Edit: i just discover the stats for nerds on tv. it says reason for transcoding: subtitles not supported.

from HEVC is transcoded to h264

from truehd to ac3

subtitles are PGS

Edit II: even with subtitle turned off (on tv befor playing the video) it will still start transcoding and there is no reason anymore :)

Edited by loganj

ok so it did use the samsung profile. since it has already been detected as samsung, you could just go ahead and edit the samsung profile on your server, assuming that this is the only samsung tv you have. then you don't have to worry about detection.

does the server knows to transcode only the necessary tracks? I mean to transcode only audio and copy video as it is?

I've tried to edit the samsung profile. this action seems to create a new profile with the same name.

But the video its still transcoded togheter with audio. from hevc/truehd to h264/ac3

here is the settings for directplay

5a8a37a2ba943_settings.png

Does the original samsung profile is still being used even though i've "edited" it. cause if i understand correctly it just creates a copy of that profile that i'm allowed to edit.

does the server knows to transcode only the necessary tracks? I mean to transcode only audio and copy video as it is?

Yes it knows, based on what is in that profile. so you would have to add hevc to it.

as you can see in the image, i added the hevc.

But its not working

Edit: I've tried to change the audio tracks on tv. from the one with truehd to the one with ac3. surprise there was no transcoding whatsoever. So the server is "not smart" to decode only the audio and leave the rest intact.

Edited by loganj

and again

its not working

how do i know which profile file it use?

I've tried to change the audio for transcoding from ac3 to aac hoping to see at least a change. but im starting to get iritated

the stupid server still transcode to ac3.

so i guess the server is quite useless if it refuse to use the custom profile.

i am absolutly sure

i have two profiles:

one that has only hevc/aac/mkv for transcodig and identification tags for the model are .*UE40JU6440.* . Btw do u know if i need to put regex in between some special chars?

and the other one was created by editing the samsung profile (the one u see the images above)

so the server refuse to use custom profile. i've tried to rename the profile in system folder but it keep creating it back.

so yeap. both custom profiles has aac for audio in transcoding. but i'm getting ac3 on tv (and files in temporary folder)

How are you trying to play this? I notice activity in this log that suggests you're using our Samsung app:

2018-02-20 00:28:40.023 Info HttpServer: WS ws://192.168.137.1:8096/embywebsocket?api_key=f83f6233fbdb4fbca62a7818ee5b59e7&deviceId=14ea6e3d936379ab3cdf79b0caa406f8a4c00a6f. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Tizen 2.3) AppleWebKit/538.1 (KHTML, like Gecko)Version/2.3 TV Safari/538.1

These DLNA profiles that you are editing are only for DLNA, which on Samsung I think is called AllShare. They will not have any effect on playback from the Samsung app.

i see

yes i use the app on the samsung tv.

I thought that the app use dlna profile on the server.

So in this case the app on tv its the problem. and i'm guessing there is no way to set the app to stop transcoding everything.

the emby dlna has some issues on my tv as in i can seen only a few movies listed from the entire library. thats why i've tried the app.