#1 kanipek OFFLINE  

kanipek

U.S. Navy Retired

• Members
  • 1063 posts
  • Local time: 12:34 AM
  • LocationMassillon, Ohio

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:00 PM

I don't use subtitles much. Not a huge issue for me.

I was watching - A Bridge to Far which has an .srt file named properly

Using the web client and Emby for Android on my phone I have no issue seeing the subtitles - they are both transcoding of course.

Using the Shield in direct play/streaming I don't see the subtitles, it recognizes that they are available and allows me to select them but does not display them until I use playback correction to force a transcode.

Is this normal behavior? No subs unless you are transcoding?

Server is 3.2.70.14

ATV App is 1.5.51g

I sent a log @854pm Eastern from the ATV App, Server is Delta-Vega(x.x.x.112), Shield(x.x.x.50), User: Kenn

I did do a search here, and I saw a lot of subtitle related issues but I did not find an answer.

Thanks!

Attached Files

#2 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46018 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:21 PM

In the log you sent, I never saw you actually select subs until the very last playback attempt.  I did see several errors reported trying to play the item though so maybe the player was in the process of re-starting when you were trying to select them at first.

There is some sort of embedded subtitle track in this item that I've never seen before.  The player recognizes it but I don't think Emby does.  How many subtitle tracks show up in the media info?

#3 kanipek OFFLINE  

kanipek

U.S. Navy Retired

• Members
  • 1063 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:42 PM

In the log you sent, I never saw you actually select subs until the very last playback attempt.  I did see several errors reported trying to play the item though so maybe the player was in the process of re-starting when you were trying to select them at first.

There is some sort of embedded subtitle track in this item that I've never seen before.  The player recognizes it but I don't think Emby does.  How many subtitle tracks show up in the media info?

Odd. I didn't think I ever encoded subs in any movie. I was not able to confirm there was a subtitle track using any of my tools - I will take your word for it though. What I was able to do is add this subtitle track using Vidcoder.

So now it works as I thought it should. Direct Play etc....

I am curious though about non embedded subtitles (.srt) and being able to direct play - Can you confirm that direct play with non embedded subtitles (.srt or other) is possible?

#4 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46018 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:48 PM

I am curious though about non embedded subtitles (.srt) and being able to direct play - Can you confirm that direct play with non embedded subtitles (.srt or other) is possible?

Yes that works fine.  In your log, there were other playback errors causing problems it looks like.

• kanipek likes this

#5 kanipek OFFLINE  

kanipek

U.S. Navy Retired

• Members
  • 1063 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:37 PM

Yes that works fine.  In your log, there were other playback errors causing problems it looks like.

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: subtitles, direct play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users