(Xbox One) Emby Theater Issues

Hyanar

Hi,

Recently I have started noticing a few issues occurring on the Xbox One Emby Theatre app.

1. The player becomes unresponsive to any input, seemingly at random, causing me to have to force close the app.

a) Unresponsive to button presses, Kinect commands.

2. The app seems to lose track of the location I stopped at, causing the resume time to be (usually) 30 minutes previous.

3. The 5 minute skip button does not work.

I can try and provide more details if needed, or actively check for when they occur.

• 2 weeks later...
UnderMiner

Hello,

I can confirm that the 5 minute skip button has not worked for over one month.

Also for over one month, when trying to play back a TV recording that is already in progress, the skip button (regular skip, not 5 minute) forces the video to restart from the beginning. It would be great if this behavior could be corrected otherwise playing back from the beginning of a live recording that is in progress is not very useful.  It's currently easier to wait until the program is complete before watching, usually the next day.

I attached logs on March 3 where I confirmed this behavior at around 3:17 PM.

Note that the regular skip button works correctly for a program that is paused when selected from the guide whether the program is scheduled to record or not. However, when entering a program in the process of recording from the guide instead of from the Live TV recording icon, you cannot go back to the beginning of the recording, you can only move forward following the live stream.

Logs   https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnfmLnbQksWOhytOE0vZjYY-aJvZ

FrostByte

Hello,

I can confirm that the 5 minute skip button has not worked for over one month.

Are you referring to the chapter skip buttons |< >|?  I think Emby inserts chapter markers every 5 minutes if your file has no internal chapters.  Agree though, I miss the ability to skip chapters when playing a movie :(

PrincessClevage

Hi,

Recently I have started noticing a few issues occurring on the Xbox One Emby Theatre app.

1. The player becomes unresponsive to any input, seemingly at random, causing me to have to force close the app.

a) Unresponsive to button presses, Kinect commands.

2. The app seems to lose track of the location I stopped at, causing the resume time to be (usually) 30 minutes previous.

3. The 5 minute skip button does not work.

I can try and provide more details if needed, or actively check for when they occur.

I have also been observing issues 1and2 recently, I thought it might of been the media I was playing (4K hevc) Edited by PrincessClevage

Scott310

I can confirm that I am seeing issues 1 and 2 as well.  It happens a lot when just navigating the app.  I am constantly having to force close the app and reopen it.

Any chance of getting chapter skip back? It seems it was that and now it's next in queue which is a lot less useful.

• 2 weeks later...
saridnour

Having a similar issue. Many movies wont play. It goes to the spinning loading icon after hitting play and it hangs. App goes unresponsive.

Ember or web does not have these issue.

These are movies I have watched in the past with an x1s and x1x (I'm on the x team so have been using an x1x for some time).

Issue has popped up within the last few weeks.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app as well.

It seems same movies are presenting the issue as is repeatable.

Does not seem to be a specific codec issue.

30% of titles have played. 100% repro on identified titles.

-saridnour

Having a similar issue. Many movies wont play. It goes to the spinning loading icon after hitting play and it hangs. App goes unresponsive.

Ember or web does not have these issue.

These are movies I have watched in the past with an x1s and x1x (I'm on the x team so have been using an x1x for some time).

Issue has popped up within the last few weeks.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app as well.

It seems same movies are presenting the issue as is repeatable.

Does not seem to be a specific codec issue.

30% of titles have played. 100% repro on identified titles.

-saridnour

Hi there, can we look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

saridnour

Attached is a server log. I did edit the user profile name but should not impact log.

I started emby server (clean log).

Launched emby on an X1X.

Went to all movies -> Trek motion picture.

Titles meta page loads.

I hit play and the loading icon spins.

- I would expect playback screen and playback to start

= What happens is it sits on the Titles meta page with the spinner.

After sitting for 2 min, I was able to hit back and it did navigate back but did so at a snails pace.

I then tried to load another title from the all list and it started to load the titles meta page but no data came up, just the loading spinner in the blank frame.

I then shutdown the server and pulled the log.

The x1x emby app continued to show the spinner long after (2min) after shutting down the server and had to be killed.

Not sure how to pull logs from the x1x but can submit an issue to MS if they do share out this info to their partners.

-saridnour

server-63657180677.zip

• 4 months later...

Do you have cinema mode enabled in the app? If so, can you try disabling that and see if it makes a difference? thanks.

saridnour

cinema mode is not enabled.

This also reproduces on a second xbox one outside of my home network (same server).

This does not happen with the PC desktop emby theater, ember (Xb1) or via the web (any client) using that same server.

Thanks,

Andy

• 2 months later...
saridnour

Thanks Luke.

I was able to repro this on both my home console and two test console at work (I work for MS xbox hardware). Effects X1 and x1x, on both 4k and 1080p.

I filed an issue with MS Xbox OS, so that the console debug is available through them. This could be an Xbox issue but hope to hear more from  the software guys. If you have details for them that should go into the bug, let me know. ALSO if you have partner access to the team or bugs filed for your app, I can get you the bug #'s.

Thanks,

Andy Ridnour