M3U duplicate channel id not showing

revengineer

BillOatman

Said it before but I'll say it again just to feel better :).  Same tvg-id is not an indication of a duplicate.  You can have 2 IPTV providers each with USA Network and both sharing the same tvg-id since they are the same channel.  But they are not duplicates of each other, they are different streams.  The only true duplicate indication is if 2 entries have the same stream URL,  

If for some reason that is not possible to use as a duplicate indicator, then I suggest at least making duplicate removal an option.

Understood and the server will provide more control over this in future updates. Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
Magoespa

Hello @Lukeis there any progress with this request?

I agree with @BillOatman
Same tvg-id is not an indication of a duplicate.  You can have 2 IPTV providers each with USA Network and both sharing the same tvg-id since they are the same channel.  But they are not duplicates of each other, they are different streams.  The only true duplicate indication is if 2 entries have the same stream URL,  

• Agree 1

BillOatman
22 hours ago, Magoespa said:

Hello @Lukeis there any progress with this request?

I agree with @BillOatman
Same tvg-id is not an indication of a duplicate.  You can have 2 IPTV providers each with USA Network and both sharing the same tvg-id since they are the same channel.  But they are not duplicates of each other, they are different streams.  The only true duplicate indication is if 2 entries have the same stream URL,  

I think most people agree with us and someday I imagine Emby will behave this way as well.  Until that day (and I'm sure well beyond), I use this application to clean and customize my playlists and EPGs as well as use their excellent EPG content.  The author added a special Emby option to duplicate xmltv entries to allow Emby to behave how we want it too.  I highly recommend it.

image.png.11f7bf4c896a1ca3bfe4e151a4252993.png

• Like 2
  • Agree 1