Double subtitles

MrMind

1.0.37 has some fixes for subtitles that may resolve this.  Let's confirm if that fixes it.  If not, we can try and see what's going on.

It seems to me that the newest version of Tizen App is 1.0.36. Is 1.0.37 available on the store?

It varies per model. You are running the latest available for your model. Thanks.

Today I installed 1.0.37. Now I see just English subtitle but problem isn't resolved an I got new one. All my external *.srt subtitles (english or polish) stopped working today. App shows subtitles are enabled but nothing appears on screen. I also noticed chapter skipping buttons stopped working in Emby App and in Web player.

shocker

I'm encountering the same issue with 1.0.37 on a JU6800 model.

There are two subtitles loaded in the same time (rum and en). Checking the CC rum is selected and eng is default forced (the eng one is build into mkv as well).

This behaviour is only seen during direct play, while transcoding everything is ok.

post-4323-0-86841100-1519567652_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
tamim2007

still the issue with the new v 1.0.42. It plays tow subtitles at the same time.

I tried everything with the settings in the server and the app but nothing change.

I use Arabic subtitles but the app force other subtitles with it.

Thanks for the amazing job. I still use DLNA it does great work.

• Like 1

SamES

still the issue with the new v 1.0.42. It plays tow subtitles at the same time.

I tried everything with the settings in the server and the app but nothing change.

I use Arabic subtitles but the app force other subtitles with it.

Thanks for the amazing job. I still use DLNA it does great work.

Hi, can you please confirm your tv model. Thanks

SamES

OK, so I can reproduce this, that's a start.

Mixing embedded and internal subs is really causing some problems.

Could you please confirm for me how many embedded subs does you files have?  I expect there is one language that is always played, and doesn't change regardless of your selection.  Could you please check if is is marked as forced, default or both?

Thanks

tamim2007

OK, so I can reproduce this, that's a start.

Mixing embedded and internal subs is really causing some problems.

Could you please confirm for me how many embedded subs does you files have?  I expect there is one language that is always played, and doesn't change regardless of your selection.  Could you please check if is is marked as forced, default or both?

Thanks

Yes, you're right about the embedded subs.

after spending some time with some videos I found out that the app forces embedded subtitles ( SRT only ) over external subtitles no matter what the language is, how many they are or forced, default.

In other words, when I select the external subtitles the app plays it with the first one of SRT embedded subtitles too.

As you know the SRT plays directly without transcoding.

I hope this helps thanks.

SamES

Can you please confirm that you are on the latest firmware for the TV?  At the moment this issue only seems to be reproducible on K series models.  Thanks

tamim2007

Yes, the TV is on the latest firmware v 1220. The issue is being a long time before the update.

Thanks.