Cannot Retrieve Schedules Direct

bnetts

Hi there, can you please describe the issue you're having in more detail? What happens when you try to set it up? Thanks !

The channels are present however schedules direct information will now populate have received the alert.  My password is accurate in my information on schedules direct is accurate

Marvinjh

Hello Luke, I'm having the same issue. I enabled Emby on SD site, have entered SD credentials in Emby server guide setup (W10 PC). The JSON line up shows up on SD site. TV tuners are installed and channels scanned successfully. So as far as I can tell everything is correctly set up but the EPG does not populate - it only shows channels but not shows. Please help!

PS: I like Emby and a switching from Plex because of transcoding problems they are having (casting Movies to Chromecast) and I also want to add Live TV on Emby so I can get rid of my YouTube TV subscription.

Edited by Marvinjh

Hello Luke, I'm having the same issue. I enabled Emby on SD site, have entered SD credentials in Emby server guide setup (W10 PC). The JSON line up shows up on SD site. TV tuners are installed and channels scanned successfully. So as far as I can tell everything is correctly set up but the EPG does not populate - it only shows channels but not shows. Please help!

Make sure on our schedules direct setup screen that you entered your zip code and then chose the correct lineup based on that zip code. After that if the issue remains, please try refreshing the guide and then attach the emby server log. You can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

Marvinjh

Wow thanks for the quick reply! OK I deleted and re-setup the line up in Emby setup screen just to make just to make sure I hadn't made any mistakes the first time. Refreshed the guide and still nothing. Log is attached.

Server log.txt

Marvinjh

OK I checked again and it looks like I have to manually map in the drop down of Emby setup page so now it's populating the guide. Problem is this is VERY time consuming and the mapping is by name of channel apparently and not by number so really tedious and I'm not sure if I got them all right because there are multiple similar names. Is there a more efficient way to do this?

Right now that is what you must do although we will be revamping our channel management in an upcoming release.

Can you give examples of how you have to map these? For example, 1021 on the tuner = ? on the epg?

Marvinjh

Here's a sampling of the channels as shown on the tuner with the corresponding channels as shown in the Schedules Direct line up:

Call sign matches:

Tuner - 1131 13.1 KERA-HD =KERADT (KERA-DT) - Schedules Direct

Tuner - 1132 13.2 kids = KERADT2 (KERA-DT2) - Schedules

Tuner - 1133 13.3 Create = KERADT3 (KERA-DT3) - Schedules Direct

Call sign does not match so had to infer by process of elimination:

Tuner - 1441 44.1 SWAGAT = KPFWLD (KPFW-LD) - Schedules Direct
Tuner - 1442 44.2 KBS DFW = KPFWLD (KPFW-LD) - Schedules Direct

Tuner - 1443 44.3 JCBS = KPFWLD2 (KPFW-LD2) - Schedules Direct

Tuner - 1444 44.4 SAB TV = KPFWLD4 (KPFW-LD4) - Schedules Direct

Tuner - 1445 44.5 DIYA TV = KPFWLD5 (KPFW-LD5) - Schedules Direct

Tuner - 1446 44.6 DRTV = KPFWLD6 (KPFW-LD6) - Schedules Direct

Tuner - 1471 47.1 ?TXD-DT = KTXDDT (KTXD-DT) - Schedules Direct

Tuner - 1551 55.1 Azteca = KAZDDT (KAZD-DT) - Schedules Direct

Tuner - 1681 68.1 ION = KPXDDT (KPXD-DT) - Schedules Direct

Tuner - 1682 68.2 qubo = KPXDDT2 (KPXD-DT2) - Schedules Direct

Tuner - 1 1683 68.3 IONLife = KPXDDT3 (KPXD-DT3) - Schedules Direct

This is time consuming - Took me about an hour (we have almost 60 broadcast channels in my area) but at least you only have to do it once and forget about it. Everything works fine now.

Edited by Marvinjh