TV episodes with 2 mini episodes metadata

jmassaro87

jmassaro87

The meta data for one of my sons favorite shows does not display properly. Each 24 minute episode is actually 2 - 12 minute mini episodes. The metadata pulls in the data for the mini episodes not the full 24 minute episode. So for example, the second full episode has metadata that matches the second mini episode from the first full episode. Does that make sense? Is there a way to correct this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there, I'm having a hard time visualizing this. Can you please go over a specific example? Screenshots would be great. thanks !

jmassaro87

Hi there, I'm having a hard time visualizing this. Can you please go over a specific example? Screenshots would be great. thanks !

I will try to get screenshots. The show is “puppy dog pals” episode 1 is 24 minutes long. It plays the intro to the show then a 12 minute “mini episode” called “Hawaii Pug-oh” when that one ends, it plays another mini called “ARF”. End episode 1. My file for episode 2 has meta data for ARF when it should really have mini episodes “the French toast connection/take me out to the pug game”.

Here is the IMDB which is correct if you look at episode guide. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6688750/

Here is my screenshot showing them all separated. a8efd829c33ec7174ef3077fe91e7da1.jpg

Ok so you have episodes that have part 1 and part 2. We don't currently have a great way of doing this. You may just want to join the files.

Or you could rename them to have two episode 1's, two episode 2's, etc. So for example, Hawaii Pug and Arf would both be episode 1 in order to ensure that they each get the right internet metadata.

jmassaro87

Ok so you have episodes that have part 1 and part 2. We don't currently have a great way of doing this. You may just want to join the files.

Or you could rename them to have two episode 1's, two episode 2's, etc. So for example, Hawaii Pug and Arf would both be episode 1 in order to ensure that they each get the right internet metadata.

The files are joined. It is a single file with both of he mini episodes. That is how they air. I think this comes down to tv only looks off of thetvdb. When I go there they have it listed as the files are naming versus how they actually should be. IMDb has 20 episode (40 minis) while thetvdb has 40 episodes

jmassaro87

Ok, I understand. that's just how tvdb chose to do it. There's not much we can do about that.

Would it be a possibility to allow tv the get metadata from IMDB like movies do as a feature request?

IMDb is not an open data service. We have omdb which you can try enabling but I wouldn't recommend it. Your library scans will take longer.

jmassaro87

IMDb is not an open data service. We have omdb which you can try enabling but I wouldn't recommend it. Your library scans will take longer.

My movies in the info editor have IMDb as a info source “external I’d” and they match the movie. I don’t notice any adverse effects. Not sure why that couldn’t be setup on tv as well.

735f2cb35cea0be2639d444a811cebb4.jpg

I think you just need to rename your files something like S01E01E02.

Emby then pulls in the metadata for both episodes into the one file.

• Like 1

Yes, that's how I understood your issue as well.  I think this will get you what you want.

As for the IMDb ID - we track the IDs because many other providers catalog and can search by that ID but we do not access IMDb itself.

Thanks.

• Like 1

jmassaro87

Ah, interesting. I will give that a shot thanks.