Device Naming for Web Client

Pstump

hey, hi kk, there some way to put device custom name to web app, most time i using 2 or 3 clients they are chrome web apps, so its impossible to know which is that one i wanna control in the cast feature, please add at least what user is using that web client, that would help aloooot, and at the best, some kind of naming, i dont know, by some how to indentify the chrome client or the ip adress that client is using, mac adress of the pc, i dont know something like that, but the user that is using that client, it would be so much help.

Hi, the reason why we don't do this is because there's no way to do it permanently. In other words, you'll configure a device name, then at some point down the road your browsing data will be cleared and you'll end up frustrated that you lost your emby customizations for the device.

I imagine that but and the second option, at most can you add some kind of option to activate and deactivate user naming, like when someone is using emby it show not only what the player is using and the user that player is connected?

yes, you do that ONLY IN THE SERVER, AND ONLY IN THE DASBOARD that helps absolutly nothing, because when you click to cast or control, is the a list with all "web app - emby mobile" and its impossible to know who are who, in the CAST windows needs the user is using, in the server dashboard (this already give acess to who is using only to administrator) you can only stop and manage ONLY the movie or tv show that is already in play, not send some movie to them, i ment to control like, my computer that is on living room with my celphone, but with two or more pcs its impossible to know, which one is the "tv" and like the cast menu its aleatory, lets say, you connect the first and its not, when you connect the second, you possible can enter in the same device, and possible may bug the emby with constant connect and disconnect(it already happened to me). so because that its helpfull to know what user the player is using in the CAST WINDOW so you can chose the right one, and if it's not possible to give a name to web app, ok, but that pc, that emby app will connect always to the same user, at least until you decide to connect to another one, that you will know what user you are using, can you do something, to add the user name to the CAST WINDOW?