Offline Sync with Desktop ET as well now?

Crestj

Did I miss something or am I correct in thinking the desktop version of ET supports offline syncing?

Also, we seem to be able to setup sync's from the browser for a separate ET client, is that also a new (returning) feature?

TBH I find the playback support and usability in the desktop ET miles ahead of the App version so if the desktop version has these features now it would be great!

So if I select a movie and choose to sync it to the pc with desktop ET installed and the sync job is created, does it just do nothing?

I used to but uninstalled it, I assume Emby server still thinks it's there.

No worries, got my hopes up then [emoji3]

lifespeed

So the sync button in ET is just a decoy?  Or ET can sync if you install the UWP app?  Can one then play offline content using ET, or must one exclusively use UWP app for offline content?

So the sync button in ET is just a decoy?  Or ET can sync if you install the UWP app?  Can one then play offline content using ET, or must one exclusively use UWP app for offline content?

Click it to see what the available sync targets are.

lifespeed

Click it to see what the available sync targets are.

I saw it offered to sync to android phones and Windows.  I tried to sync to Windows, wanting an offline copy on a laptop.  Maybe I am confusing "sync" with "download"?  When I used "download" menu option ET immediately copied the movie to the local downloads directory.

Guest asrequested

I haven't tested this but I think what happens is you can use the store app to download, and then you can sync desktop to the store app.

Is that right, Luke?

lifespeed

So that means you're syncing to the store app

What?  I don't have the Windows store app installed on anything.

lifespeed

I have never installed Emby from the windows store, I don't even log in to windows using a Microsoft ID.

Guest asrequested

Oh I get it. It's simply setting up a sync job to a different device other than the one you're on. That's a little confusing. In the list of devices, I have windows listed 3 times. How would I differentiate them?

you must have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a few times. you can simply delete the older device entries.