Video colors are wrong

Guest asrequested

Guest asrequested

I just got a Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus. It runs Android 6.0.1. I just installed the Emby app, and when I play any video, the colors look like they are 256. Playing the same videos in any other app, the picture is correct.

5a7f66b92d3f5_Screenshot_201802101636521

Guest asrequested

Just tested the beta. No change. I bought this tablet to use a media player. I guess I'm going old school and manually download them and use the Lenovo player...

Guest asrequested

And I've discovered I can't use files bigger than 4GB. So it would be nice if I could specify max file size in the sync settings, in the app.

Guest asrequested

We might have to disable hardware acceleration for your device

Having that as an option would probably be a good idea, I would think.

Guest asrequested

Actually, I just uninstalled the app, and re-installed the one you jsut gave me, and it's all messed up. It's locking up my tablet and not functioning. When I can get to a library, nothing will play. Just the spinning circle.

Very very strange. I was about to say that we might have to embed a secondary player to accommodate certain problem devices. We are not doing a whole lot with mpv so I'm not sure what we could configure to effect it, especially since hardware acceleration didn't make a difference. We are setting video-sync to audio so that's about the only thing.

Guest asrequested

Yeah, I can only imagine it was a weird bug of some kind. I love that you chose to use mpv. None of the audio needs to be transcoded. It just plays! Although, anything that has HDR crashes the app. But I'm very happy. I bought this to travel over seas, with. Now I can use it how I like :)

pünktchen

Very very strange. I was about to say that we might have to embed a secondary player to accommodate certain problem devices. We are not doing a whole lot with mpv so I'm not sure what we could configure to effect it, especially since hardware acceleration didn't make a difference. We are setting video-sync to audio so that's about the only thing.

Yes an option to choose between libvlc and libmpv would be great. As you know already, libmpv is always crashing on my tablet device, but libvlc works perfectly. And i don't have much hope you can solve the problem. I know i will not get timeshifting for live tv with libvlc, but the truth is rarely use live tv on mobile devices. So that's something i can live with. Hopefully we get a libmpv version for testing on Android TV devices (Shield) soon, because the Exoplayer is just shit!

Btw. i have the same problem with colors and libmpv on my Android 6.1 smartphone. I've reported it under "color banding" in the libmpv beta thread.

Edited by pünktchen

If we embedded both, or had exo as the fallback, i wouldn't do it as an option. An option means we have to support and troubleshoot both. I would rather just keep a hard-coded list of problem devices in the app and make the decision based on that.