ROC v1.0.11.0 now live

leedavies

leedavies

Major ROC update with lots of fixes and improvements, including:

• Switch user support added to toolbar at top of screen
  • Movie details page now has "go to now playing" button next to Play button 
  • NPV window or backdrop control with on/off
  • NPV window can be clicked on to go full-screen and has glass arrow buttons overlaid to quickly move the window between corners
  • EHS tiles now make better use of images on non-selected tiles
  • EHS "button press" animation now affects current row of tile, not the whole tile
  • Navigation performance improvements
  • Scrolling performance enhancements
  • Thumbstrip and Coverflow views now slightly angle covers to either side of currently selected item 
  • Configuration page layout improved - now uses 2 columns and much easier to use
  • Improvements to Light and Dark skins
Edited by leedavies
  • Like 3

JohnnyM

Thank you Thank you. I really like ROC and the new update took care of my problem with the backdrops appearing in list view that I have had for a long time.

Johnny

• Like 1

leedavies

Thank you Thank you. I really like ROC and the new update took care of my problem with the backdrops appearing in list view that I have had for a long time.

Johnny

Fantastic.  Hoped it would - the whole scroller and item mechanism has been rethought a little for this release.  Things should stay in-sync and be pretty zippy.

amadeo36

Hi Lee.

I use ROC since MB2. When i changed to MB3 I had the problem that in Thumb strip view, ROC crashed when I navigated through my HD movies collection (about 1700 items). We solved that problem decreasing covers size. Since that, Roc worked fine. But problem is back after last upgrade. In general, ROC works slower than previous release and can´t use thumb strip view because it crashes. I have cover size at minimun but it doesn´t solve the problem.

Please take a look about this. I love ROC theme and thumb strip is my favorite view cause I can see Logo, cover and clearart at the same screen.

If there is no solution, is there a way to roll back to previous version?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by amadeo36

mgarman

Hi, 

The previous version of ROC did not have the jump (or flip) and zoom action in "cover view" when scrolling through the covers. Is it possible to go back to smooth scrolling. Smooth scrolling was what made ROC different from Breeze and Crystal themes.

mgarman

• Like 1

Jimmy

Hi, 

The previous version of ROC did not have the jump (or flip) and zoom action in "cover view" when scrolling through the covers. Is it possible to go back to smooth scrolling. Smooth scrolling was what made ROC different from Breeze and Crystal themes.

mgarman

i agree lee

• Like 1

aspdend

i agree lee

Me too - I like the idea of the angled covers either side of the central focussed cover, but it is very jumpy and jerky navigating through - it jars the eyes. Smooth scrolling is high on the WAF...

pd veeps

I was playing with roc yesterday looking to switch. I have to say the layout once you click on "tv shows", "movies", etc is awesome. I was playing around but had some random crashes where wmc would restart. One time I was in the tv series view and it just froze. I had to ctrl/alt/del out. Is there a log somewhere where I can see why it crashed?

Is there options to change the home screen layout? Can you change the width of each category folder (movies, music, movies by genre, etc)?Can you change the home screen background? The default is like a galaxy view. Is that only because I was using the roc theme in preview mode? I saw different backgrounds on the roc theme promo video on youtube. It would be nice to be able to change that or even better to see random backdrops based on the folder you have highlighted.

pagali

I notice increased navigation speed, but I agree about preferring smooth scrolling.

EHS tiles now make better use of images on non-selected tiles

I really have a big problem with the way images on the non-selected tiles are horizontally stretched. Correct aspect ratio should be all-important!

leedavies

All good suggestions. Some tweaks in the works.

Re the crash/hang, what view style was being and were you doing anything at the point it crashed? Like scrolling through a list or something?

pd veeps

I was scrolling my tv show folder in thumb view when it froze. I entered a tv show that was playing an intro when it crashed. I will try it again tonight to try to replicate the problem and pull the logs.

LiquidFX

would it be able to change the arrangement of the main screen tiles. The tiles themselves, and/or the subfolders for each tile. Example: for podcast I dont always want to go to my entire collection I mainly just always go to unwatched and would like for that to be at the top of that tile.