Emby Server & Theater - Additional Extras/Special Folder Types for TV Series (similar to Movies)

funwithmedia

35 minutes ago, lorac said:

I agree it shouldn't do that. The last post in that thread would eliminate these issues. 

I believe we'll see it one day but probably not this beta cycle. 

It wouldn't solve my case.

There is no matching metadata provider entry for my file, story critical or otherwise.

Emby needs to be smart enough not to try to identify at all if the extra is in one of the new folders and doesn't use the SXXEXX convention at all.

Edited by roaku
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

• 1 month later...
katbyte
On 2/20/2023 at 9:37 PM, Luke said:

If there's enough demand for it, it's certainly possible.

I am going to chime in with some more demand for this - its nice to support the extra folders so they can be used but its a half assed halfway implementation of additional content folders, however this dumps potentially dozens of random files into one unsorted bucket. the ui elements are entirely required for this to work.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• 3 months later...
billyjr82

+1 for extras and whatnot to work the same way movie extras work.  What I do is I just simply toss all of the extra files into the same folder as the episodes for that season, but that has a few annoying drawbacks.  Deleted scenes I have to name them as "x09 - Deleted Scenes.mkv" for episode 9 of that season.  Anything else in that folder that has a number in it, I have to type it out instead of using the number, or else Emby will either mistake it for an episode, or it just won't display it at all.  So Part 1 has to be typed out as Part One, etc.  Even then, it's still clunky as hell because it then lists all of the extra features above the episode listings for that season, but at least I don't have to do any major overhauling of the meta data, or have an extra 'season' that Emby then counts as another actual season.