Emby Server & Theater - "Galleries" Movie Extras Folder

funwithmedia

funwithmedia

I love the additional subfolders for Movie Extras (eg, Shorts, Scenes, Interviews, etc.)! I would like to propose an additional folder: "Galleries". Within the Galleries folder the user would place subfolders (only one level of nesting) and each subfolder could contain any images the user chooses. Then, Emby would display the subfolder name as an Extra (in Emby Theater) and opening that extra would launch an image gallery of the containing images.

For example:

Movies\Disney\The Sword In The Stone (1963)\Galleries\Scrapbook

Movies\Disney\The Sword In The Stone (1963)\Galleries\Film Facts

"Scrapbook" is what would be listed among other Extras in Emby Theater, and the Scrapbook folder contains various images to be displayed in a slideshow that the user can navigate with their left/right arrows.

This feature request is motivated by the following related post:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/55912-video-ts-folder-no-longer-recognized-in-movie-extras-folder/

Basically, sometimes there are extras such as image galleries and text content which are only available via the DVD menu. I have found that I can use FFMPEG to extract all the frames from a video file, and so use that on the appropriate VOB file from the original DVD. Then I can use VisiPics to delete all the duplicates, resulting in content I can then sort into folders (eg, Concept Art, Storyboards, etc.).

All I need is for there to be the above support for a Galleries extras folder, which could contain multiple subfolders (only one level deep), each containing images to be displayed as image galleries in Emby Theater, etc.

Thanks for your consideration! :)

PS - If this is something you might like to see implemented, be sure to "Like" this top/first post (as well as any subsequent posts in this thread that highlight particular aspects of what you are interested in) -- "Liking" the top/first post helps the Devs to know how much interest there is in a given Feature Request.

• Like 23

• 5 months later...
levander

I like this idea. I noticed there is little video cam icon in the corner of every thumb but as far as I know video are only thing supported as extras.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I would also like this to be a feature or add-on.

The way I envision it working:

have a library Content type called extras

you create the library with the folder containing the extras

then when you look at a movie the extras could be displayed under Scenes

Please

• 1 month later...
KumarjitDey

I would totally love if there were a Images section below/above the "Extras" section, displaying images we store locally in a "Images" folder in the movie directory.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
angryblue

We are actively monitoring this for community feedback in comparison with other requests. Thanks !

Hi, any closer on this? 

We're monitoring this for community feedback. We're doing our best to make everyone as happy as we can.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...