Madvr and Codec Intros problem

GhostRider

GhostRider

My preference is to use PowerDVD as an extermal player but this fails when I enable Cinema mode to play CODEC intros.

I tried MadVR and IQ is pretty good but I get a very odd problem with CODEC intros. The first film plays the intro and then the film fine, if I go back and select a second movie it starts the CODEC intro I see the OSD but that's it, the screen then goes blank.

Is it possible to just use the external player for the main feature or is there a fix to make MadVR work all the time with Intros?

Edited by GhostRider

GhostRider

With Cinema mode turned on and using PowerDVD as an external player causes PowerDVD to start up in file browser mode. I guess something is not right with the way {path} and the PowerDVD command line. PowerDVD only supports one file name on the command line.

Using MadVR it plays the intro the first time but for any other attempts to play a second movie MadVR starts, displays the OSD but then stops and the screen goes blank.

GhostRider

@@Luke, just done some testing with the default internal player. This works fine as expected. Cinema mode enabled, audio CODEC plays before movie, movie starts, stop movie, go back select another one, audio CODEC plays OK and new movie starts.

I don't use the internal player, it doesn't do any upscaling that I can see of SD movies.

My prefered external player: PowerDVD does not work when Cinema mode is enabled. Is this something that can be fixed e.g. play Cinema mode with internal player and only pass main feature to the external player?

Edited by GhostRider