blakeusblade

blakeusblade

Unfortunately, In order to limit a particular user to just the web interface (and not allow them on devices). One must enable access from all devices in order to allow this.

It would be good to have a generic item in devices that represents web browsers generically. This would allow control over the web browser interface! Limiting users to just the webpage....

For example, I have a user who I want to just have permission to download raw files. At present I need to enable there access from all devices else they can't access the web page. I don't want them to use or have permission to use any emby app or device except the web interface.

Having a generic device that represents the web interface would allow control...

• 4 weeks later...
blakeusblade

A mentioned workaround...

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49931-add-web-browser-to-device-access-list/

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:49 PM

To workaround the issue....

Simply install EMBY on a device... connect it to your server... NOTE the device appearing in the dashboard... Rename/relabel device to WebUI...  Uninstall EMBY app from device...

Assign users you want WebUI access only to the device just added... Remove users from all devices except the device just added...

BOOM! Done...

While this does use up a device license, it does get around the issue...

Its worth noting... That users only need to be granted access to only 1 device to access the WebUI/Webpage... By giving them access ONLY an EMBY device thats been uninstalled and nothing else, your only granting them access to the WebUI/Webpage and nothing else...