Emby for Kodi another Bug in Beta?

bgx

On the last emby server beta 3.2.70.11 and on Emby for Kodi 3.0.9a (Couldn't try the last beta) I see in the overview that user start streaming and after 5 minutes its stopped in the overview but the user watch it until the end...

5a7da286ef5f2_Unbenannt.jpg

I don't know if it is last emby beta or emby for kodi error...

Edited by bgx

DarWun

On the last emby server beta 3.2.70.11 and on Emby for Kodi 3.0.9a (Couldn't try the last beta) I see in the overview that user start streaming and after 5 minutes its stopped in the overview but the user watch it until the end...

5a7da286ef5f2_Unbenannt.jpg

I don't know if it is last emby beta or emby for kodi error...

I'm seeing the same thing.  When I start playing a video using Emby for Kodi with Kodi (LibreElec), it shows up as direct playing in the active devices section of the Emby server dashboard.  Exactly five minutes later a new item shows up in the Recent Activity list identifying that the video has stopped playing (even though it hasn't) and the Emby for Kodi active device is cleared.  At the time that this occurs the Emby log file indicates "Info SessionManager: Playback stopped reported by app Kodi 3.0.10a".  If the video plays to the end it still gets marked as watched by both the Emby for Kodi client and the Emby server.  I'll provide logs when I get home tonight.

Edited by DarWun
  • Like 1

sualfred

I cannot reproduce it with the latest beta of the addon (Windows, Kodi Krypton 17.6 stable) and Emby 3.2.70.0 (.NET core).

Please post the Kodi logs and the Emby server logs.

Edited by sualfred

Angelblue05

Ok, I thought it was maybe the websocket that was giving trouble.

Can you provide your Kodi log while this is happening? I am not seeing this, but I am still on 3.2.70.10.

Edited by Angelblue05

DarWun

Ok, I thought it was maybe the websocket that was giving trouble.

Can you provide your Kodi log while this is happening? I am not seeing this, but I am still on 3.2.70.10.

3.0.11a didn't resolve the issue for me either.  I've attached Emby and Kodi logs from when the issue occurred.  I'm a bit fuzzy on exactly what Kodi logs are required, so let me know if you were expecting something else.

kodi.log

server-63653877057.txt

Edited by DarWun

DarWun

You seem to have two version of Emby for Kodi running. 3.0.11a and 3.0.5a. Can you check that?

As far as I can tell, I only have one version running.  Any suggestions as to where I should be looking to see what versions are installed?

Angelblue05

Are you able to check the addons folder? You should have plugin.video.emby / plugin.video.emby.movies / plugin.video.emby.tvshows / plugin.video.emby.musicvideos

Your log shows both version.

Edited by Angelblue05

DarWun

Are you able to check the addons folder? You should have plugin.video.emby / plugin.video.emby.movies / plugin.video.emby.tvshows / plugin.video.emby.musicvideos

All of those folders exist in /storage/.kodi/addons.  The addon.xml file in plugin.video.emby identifies that 3.0.11a is the installed version of Emby for Kodi:

<addon id="plugin.video.emby"

name="Emby"

version="3.0.11a"

provider-name="Emby.media">

<requires>

<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.25.0"/>

<import addon="script.module.requests" version="2.9.1" />

<import addon="plugin.video.emby.movies" version="0.11" />

<import addon="plugin.video.emby.tvshows" version="0.11" />

<import addon="plugin.video.emby.musicvideos" version="0.11" />

</requires>

The addon.xml files in the other folders you listed don't include any info on the installed version of Emby for Kodi (that I can see).

I'm going to uninstall and reinstall Emby for Kodi to see if that corrects the issue.

Edited by DarWun

Angelblue05

Ok. Strange that your log states otherwise. At this time, I do not know what the issue could be. I've updated my server so we'll see if I see what you see ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

I see the issue too since updating. As soon as it hits the 5 minute mark. Didn't have that issue with 3.2.70.10

Well I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything now that I have the issue as well.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

I already tried with Embycon and it works. No problem with http. Websocket seems to be causing the issue.

2018-02-10 19:13:01.309 Debug SessionManager: Session e2c106a953bfc0d9c191a49cda6561de has gone idle while playing

Seems that is happening now. But still have the ping alive in place.

I'll just make the switch to http. No idea what else to do here, nothing in the add-on has changed as far as this is concerned. The server just stops playback report because it thinks the client went idle. Regardless. It makes no sense. Progress report is still being sent, even after it kicks it off.

Edited by Angelblue05

DarWun

I see the issue too since updating. As soon as it hits the 5 minute mark. Didn't have that issue with 3.2.70.10

Well I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything now that I have the issue as well.

Awesome...except not so much ;-)  At least I know I didn't screw something up.  FYI Removal and reinstall didn't resolve the issue.

Edited by DarWun
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

As I said, it was working fine with server 3.2.70.10. As soon as I updated, started seeing the issue. I'll just switch playback report to http rather than via websocket. That should fix the issue even though the server is doing something different that breaks previously working report.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

DarWun

Try 3.0.11a which should be available shortly.

It should resolve the issue.

Thanks @@Angelblue05.  After updating to the latest release of Emby for Kodi 3.0.11a, the issue I previously reported on seems to be resolved.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly with the last update embyserver to 3.3.0 stable the problem is back. :-(

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Angelblue05

I've updated to that version and I'm not seeing this issue. Are you certain you were not using the stable build for Emby for Kodi, which this issue still exists for? I have tested with beta Emby for Kodi and progress report works pass the 5 min mark.

Edited by Angelblue05

Sorry for the confusion, seems to be a problem with old kodi version on my ubuntu linux. With my s905 or odroid c2 kodi version everything is fine.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Defiant1701

Any progress on this

I am having the same issue 

Running 

Emby Server Version 3.3.1.5

Emby Addon for Kodi 2.3.62a

Active devices fails in around the 5 - 6 minute mark on all devices now.

Everything still works except for the server dashboard

Any progress on this

I am having the same issue 

Running 

Emby Server Version 3.3.1.5

Emby Addon for Kodi 2.3.62a

Active devices fails in around the 5 - 6 minute mark on all devices now.

Everything still works except for the server dashboard

Hi, please read this thread for your answer. Thanks !